[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i thought i heard mary doing reflections in the early 90s but can't remember. I would guess that she would sort of rotate songs in and out, if for no other reason than to keep things interesting for herself

I also thought that quick line from BIMAA also popped up in the 60s medley with MSS at Caesar's. the medley was truly odd - would have to replay it to know exactly what went where but i know they did WDOLG and BL but they also focused on songs that had a sort of theme of "stuck" or "get you" lol. they did YKMHO and Heartaches and Itching but then they would sort of emphasis the "i can't break away" "love is like an itching, tearing it all apart" "Set me free why don't you" because [[and i'm guessing here) they were all in the uni-dress and so they were probably trying to play up the "get away from me" aspect between the lyrics and the gown.

I'm not sure if this whole concept was the result of mountains of cocaine or what but i'm not sure if you could actually come up with something more ill conceived lol
    I don’t recall heartaches in anything, but of course I never saw every show. it would seem a rather odd song to put in. As far as the three in one dress, I never saw that either, but Mary told me about it before they had ever attempted it. I don’t even know if it had been made yet, but she was very excited about it. I saw Hair twice and I’m not quite sure what was supposed to be so funny about the single dress. Or whatever they were trying to say it was lost on me. I know that they were commenting on the glam and crossover appeal, but the one dress bit itself I don’t get.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I don’t recall heartaches in anything, but of course I never saw every show. it would seem a rather odd song to put in. As far as the three in one dress, I never saw that either, but Mary told me about it before they had ever attempted it. I don’t even know if it had been made yet, but she was very excited about it. I saw Hair twice and I’m not quite sure what was supposed to be so funny about the single dress. Or whatever they were trying to say it was lost on me. I know that they were commenting on the glam and crossover appeal, but the one dress bit itself I don’t get.
    i have an audio of the Caesar show. there are moments when the audience is quite engaged and happy, like at the end of Maybe This Time.

for the hits medley, there's a voice doing a [[poor) impression of Ed Sullivan and then the group does the medley. i too was surprised about the song selection but Heartaches is right there. of course i only have the audio so i can't see what the choreography was. but the medley definitely includes these "get away from me" types of songs and lyrics so my assumption is they were trying to play up the single dress and "break away" from one another. or some nonsense like that.

aside from the obvious issues of this lunacy lol, another problem is there is 0 mention or connection or acknowledgement of 'Hair' in order for the audience to know what the F they're mocking. this was Dec 76 so 8 years or so AFTER Hair was the big excitement. and the movie of Hair didn't come out until 79. plus the typical Vegas audience probably wasn't super into Hair anyway. you have a much more "midwest" vibe to audiences there, older, more conservative. maybe in San Fran this could have worked more.