[REMOVE ADS]

Want To Take [[Got To Give) Jobete Acetate - any ideas?

I recently acquired a 10" Jobete acetate with no other information other than the title, as per usual. It's Rock bordering on Psych, not the typical Motown sound, and more than likely just a demo. The former owner figured out who it was at some point in the past, but could no longer remember. Does anyone here recognize the group/guy? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by nsoule View Post
    I recently acquired a 10" Jobete acetate with no other information other than the title, as per usual. It's Rock bordering on Psych, not the typical Motown sound, and more than likely just a demo. The former owner figured out who it was at some point in the past, but could no longer remember. Does anyone here recognize the group/guy? Thanks in advance.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  21.1 KB
    Ralph or Russ might have an educated guess. Maybe The Headliners? Maybe it was a Rare Earth group? The Messengers? Maybe we could look. the song up in The Jobete Music Catalogue, and find out which groups and artists recorded it?
    Last edited by robb_k; 04-12-2024 at 02:38 AM.

DFTMC

Want To Take [[Got To Give) published Jobete

unidentifed artist[[s); recording details unknown

[pressing date unknown] [acetate]; 45 [[M): Jobete

Thanks for the responses so far. I was aware of the DFTMC entry with no real information other than what's on the label of the acetate. I've had several private suggestions of early Rare Earth label groups, Detroit Wheels on Inferno, Underdogs, The Ones, etc., but I'm not personally hearing any similarities. I'm not sure how to get Russ or Ralph's attention to take a listen, but I'd welcome their thoughts.