I believe Motown liked Mary as well as all the ladies in the group. My opinion if Motown did not like you or wanted you gone they would have found a way to stop recording you put you on the back burner from touring. Berry wanted to be "IT" and by that I mean the producer, arranger, entrepreneuer and film maker. He wanted to branch out in TV, Films and everything else he could to put him at the top and he saw Diana as the one to help him get there. Also, in my opinion I don't think Mary really wanted Diana to leave because of the way and things she said when Diana did leave. Mary was comfortable and would have stayed a Supreme forever if she could with Diana. There were group problems with all the Supreme groups [[read Dreamgirls and I remember the lines where Mary would say "Here we go again"). I think Diana and Mary still loved each other but just were not as close as the years went on. Motown or Berry said Mary was the heart and/or soul of the Supremes, Diana reached out to Mary several times after leaving whether the lost of a love one or when in need. Also, I believe Mary even made one of her kids the godchild of Diana. I don't think Motown and/or Diana disliked her but people do grow up and move on. In my opinion they went through too much BS not to care for each other.