[REMOVE ADS]

Eating out : The Rosses

Diana shrieks upon spotting photographer:

but at least he wasn't too intrusive .

Nice to see Evan making sure Mom steps down from the curb ok

Nice to see Diana thank the chauffeur. Hope she enjoyed her egg and chips.

A lot of thank you’s and politeness from a family with many advantages

Recently on Facebook someone posted that Jacqueline Onassis said once you’ve messed up raising your children, nothing else you do matters very much.

I think this is another issue on which Diana attracts envy and jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    A lot of thank you’s and politeness from a family with many advantages

Recently on Facebook someone posted that Jacqueline Onassis said once you’ve messed up raising your children, nothing else you do matters very much.

I think this is another issue on which Diana attracts envy and jealousy.
    Envy and jealousy from whom exactly??. I feel sure there are those who grind their teeth upon hearing for the umpteenth time she has five children.
    I’ve heard as many accounts of Diana’s rudeness as being considerate. Having said that, at almost 80 years of age it seems likely she’s mellowed considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Envy and jealousy from whom exactly??. I feel sure there are those who grind their teeth upon hearing for the umpteenth time she has five children.
    I’ve heard as many accounts of Diana’s rudeness as being considerate. Having said that, at almost 80 years of age it seems likely she’s mellowed considerably.
    Yes from those that grind their teeth about the kids and the blessed life and those that wish they themselves had done better

I probably annoy people but I find I relate to Diana’s general happiness and comfort in general - her demeanour indicates the feelings are real whereas when you hear people regularly complain, it makes me wonder what’s wrong.

Oh, and I’m not referring to anyone on here - just general comments. If I’m thinking of anyone, it would be Gladys Knight for one.
    Last edited by jobeterob; 03-03-2024 at 05:17 PM.

Glad she was able to enjoy some family time.

Yes, I agree that it's good to see her kids are all doing well, in the sense that they appear to be happy and healthy [key statement here is 'appear to be']. It's sadly not common to see this among families where a parent is a celebrity. As one example, I was just reading about Cher. It is rumoured that Chaz is not inviting his mother Cher to his wedding. I hope that isn't true. Prior to this, there have been numerous headlines that Cher's son Elijah has been in the clutches of an intense drug addiction for many years. Cher has had to stage interventions over the years, and she is now trying to become his financial guardian. I'm sure all of this has been emotionally painful for her.

It seems that if the celebrity parent isn't struggling in some way, then it will be the kids who are struggling, or sometimes both. I'm glad Diana and her kids all seem to be in a good place in their lives. It's sad that money and fame has ruined so many families.
    Last edited by carlo; 03-03-2024 at 07:07 PM.

they don't seem especially bubbly. was the shrimp scampi overcooked?

Maybe this was a hurried family meeting ... [they don't seem especially dressed for eating out]..... maybe it was about what to do about that Rhonda and her hogging up so much of Mom's stage time.

That's why Diana yelped when she spotted paparazzi. Now Rhonda will find out they got together without her.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-04-2024 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Glad she was able to enjoy some family time.

Yes, I agree that it's good to see her kids are all doing well, in the sense that they appear to be happy and healthy [key statement here is 'appear to be']. It's sadly not common to see this among families where a parent is a celebrity. As one example, I was just reading about Cher. It is rumoured that Chaz is not inviting his mother Cher to his wedding. I hope that isn't true. Prior to this, there have been numerous headlines that Cher's son Elijah has been in the clutches of an intense drug addiction for many years. Cher has had to stage interventions over the years, and she is now trying to become his financial guardian. I'm sure all of this has been emotionally painful for her.

It seems that if the celebrity parent isn't struggling in some way, then it will be the kids who are struggling, or sometimes both. I'm glad Diana and her kids all seem to be in a good place in their lives. It's sad that money and fame has ruined so many families.
    Poor Cher - that’s very difficult for anyone to cope with.

It may be that Diana was always very responsible and diligent and as a result, wasn’t very much fun to be around in those earlier years when she was trying to make it.

Poor Cher - that’s very difficult for anyone to cope with.

It may be that Diana was always very responsible and diligent and as a result, wasn’t very much fun to be around in those earlier years when she was trying to make it.
    I never would have thought being responsible and diligent a reason for being rude to people, or the annoyance felt when repeatedly reminded she has five kids an indication of being jealous of her success. That’s quite some generalisation lol.
    Is Diana Ross really the only celebrity whose children turned out decent people??. Answers on a postcard.

Many celebrities actually call Backgrid, the photo company, and inform them where and when they will be at such-and-such place. It is called publicity. All stars need it.

I have long suspected Evan of doing this each time he and his family are out and they get photographed. What photographer decides on their own stands outside Cipriani in the middle of the day??? Also, notice how the photographer was 100% ready when the Ross’ exited. Not a coincidence!!!
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 03-04-2024 at 09:13 PM.

I don't think anyone is jealous of Diana Ross having a meal at a restaurant with 2 of her children. Ross is a master of publicity, something she learned at Motown. Her children are all somewhat normal, that certainly isn't a rarity even in Hollywood. Pushing the narrative that her children are so great is similar to someone always saying they are nice. You don't have to push the agenda, it will be seen. The only thing I never liked was how they all took Diana's last name of Ross and not Ellis or Naess, except for Tracee ELLIS Ross and Ross Naess. It sort of diminishes their Fathers especially since most do not take their Mother's name. I guess it was more beneficial in Hollywood.
    Still, certainly nice to see Miss Ross out eating with her 2 children being photographed.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Many celebrities actually call Backgrid, the photo company, and inform them where and when they will be at such-and-such place. It is called publicity. All stars need it.

I have long suspected Evan of doing this each time he and his family are out and they get photographed. What photographer decides on their own stands outside Cipriani in the middle of the day??? Also, notice how the photographer was 100% ready when the Ross’ exited. Not a coincidence!!!

Are their other examples like this of the Rosses being caught "unexpectedly" by paparazzi.

I doubt this was set up : Traycee looks like a sack of potatoes, Diana looks like she's dragging her bed linens, and Evan looks none too pleased being caught in some scruffy duds he scored when he and Ashley recently did one of their jaunts out to their favorite Riverside thrift shops.

[At least "the help" was looking sharp!]

Someone inside the joint likely tipped somebody off ...hmmm or was it the valet !! ... the doorman? ... and likely got their palm greased accordingly .

Also : Who was the couple who left the restaurant first?? Just random Amish patrons ?
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-05-2024 at 05:59 AM.

I think I have this figured out.

The Amish couple informed Backgrid of their whereabouts with the intent of a reward.

They cooked up a plan that would tip off the photographer that the Rosses were coming out the door by leaving just ahead of them. [we'll be the couple carrying aquamarine bags.]

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Envy and jealousy from whom exactly??.
    The entire world. Everyone comes out of the womb jealous of Diana Ross...or so I've been told.

Bahahahaha you guys are a riot..
    It looks like Tracee started to exit first and saw who was outside and went back him and informed Diana and Evan who was outside. Diana threw on her sunglasses and exist as any Diva would. They went to eat and exit the building ....what news did I miss ?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Bahahahaha you guys are a riot..
    It looks like Tracee started to exit first and saw who was outside and went back him and informed Diana and Evan who was outside. Diana threw on her sunglasses and exist as any Diva would. They went to eat and exit the building ....what news did I miss ?
    What did you miss?? Well Diana got steak tartare and sent it back to be cooked.

What did you miss?? Well Diana got steak tartare and sent it back to be cooked.
    Oh Rob ,,,, Flo would have done the same thing as well as I.