[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    About midway through the show, Ross brought out her eldest daughter, Rhonda Ross, a singer-songwriter who travels with the star on tour. They did a sweet duet on “Count On Me,” a song Rhonda wrote for her mom.

good gawd is Rhonda still trying to make her mom learn that song

Mama Ross let her daughter take the spotlight during a costume change. She performed four songs — examples of what she calls “motivational music.” Rhonda Ross had plenty of brio on the stage, but it was a tough spot to be in, following some of the best pop classics ever written with coffeehouse poetry.

in the middle of the concert ???? Bad move!!
    After the third one, I'd have been outta there!!
    Rhonda clearly had a huge influence on the last album lol.
    I would imagine it far easier to bang on about beautiful love when you’re a millionaire, without the complications of trying to support a family on minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I would imagine it far easier to bang on about beautiful love when you’re a millionaire, without the complications of trying to support a family on minimum wage.
    That's why some people listen to the blues. Lol. Diana isn't ever gonna sing the types of songs that Bettye LaVette sings. For the record, I love them both.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    That's why some people listen to the blues. Lol. Diana isn't ever gonna sing the types of songs that Bettye LaVette sings. For the record, I love them both.
    ‘Tis a shame she couldn’t lend just a little of bettye’s grit on occasion.
    I do like the “Thank You” album, but sometimes have a yen to go out and kick someone in the shins after playing it lol.