[REMOVE ADS]

Calling All Motown Fans

*CALLING ALL MOTOWN FANS*

We’re super excited to announce our upcoming Motown reissue collection, where we’ll be releasing 27 titles throughout 2024/2025!

What better way to kick off the series than with the insatiable ‘Temptations – Wish it Would Rain’, available on May 10th!

Released on the Gordy imprint of Motown, ‘Wish it Would Rain’ marks the end of the ‘Classic Five’ line up with David Ruffins’ departure during these sessions. ‘Wish it Would Rain’ would also be the last Temptations album that Smokey Robinson, formally of The Miracles, would produce. The band would pivot away from the traditional ‘Motown Sound’ shortly after, working extensively with Norman Whitfield, the innovator of ‘Psychedelic soul’.

A lesser known gem of the Motown catalogue, the album features two hits penned by Motown songwriter Rodger Penzabene; title track “I Wish It Would Rain” and “I Could Never Love Another [[After Loving You)” where Ruffin delivers a commanding [[final) vocal performance backed by Motown’s in house band ‘The Funk Brothers’.

We’ll be reissuing titles from Motown’s incredibly rich catalogue throughout the year with more titles from; The Supremes, Four Tops, The Jackson Five, Eddie Kendricks, Marvin Gaye, Gladys Knight & The Pips, and Diana Ross!

The Temptations – Wish it Would Rain will be available on vinyl on May 10th!

#thetemptations #temptations #temptintemptations #sinsceilostmybaby #limitededition #funk #soultrain #lp #reissue #vinyl #discofunk #music #soul #groove #record #funkmusic #soulband #soultown #gordy #berrygordy #gordyrecords #elementalmusicrecords

Vinyl only???????

Great or the vinyl fans but wouldn't Motown fans already have the proper releases?

As it's all to be vinyl, I won't be interested in buying.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Vinyl only???????
    Seems like it. They can go screw themselves. CDs for me, nothing less.
    Last edited by Starguard4; 05-07-2024 at 06:39 PM.

Vinyl....nope. CD's only.

Glad to see I have some soulmates out there. Yes it was always fun to have an album jacket and read the liner notes and all that jazz, but CDs are soooooooo much more convenient, easier to store, etc. Not only that but you can play them in your car. Hopefully some companies are listening and are not yet ready to completely alienate the CD buyers.

I'd buy that Jackson 5 quad mix Greatest Hits that was folded down to stereo... on CD. But not vinyl. I have a fair bit of vinyl including some lovely original issues of Stevie a wonder and J5 records but I'm sure as hell not buying any of these newly issued overpriced ones that many people buy just as expensive ornaments.