Since there are so many Florence fans who claim that Florence was the "best singer" of the three, AND it was she who started the group, AND it was she that gave them their name...we're going to imagine that around 1963 she was "rightly" designated the 'leader' of the group. And yes, Lurlean, I am aware of the history of the founding and the naming of the Primettes/Supremes.

What type of songs are the Supremes going to record that will elevate them to success? Surely the same songs that HDH gave them are not going to work with Florence as lead. Or will they? Maybe "You Keep Me Hangin' On"? Maybe "Love is Like an Itching in My Heart". But then again, couldn't those songs have worked for Martha & her Vandellas?

Did Motown need another 'Martha & the Vandellas', or "Velvelettes??? Could a niche have been crafted to make Florence and her Supremes stand out in the music world of that time? Are they going to be able to venture out and do anything other than r&b?

Followup Question: What are they going to do with that 'over the top' Diane Ross girl to keep her in her place? And that nasally voice sure is piercing in the background!