some of the FG tracks rotated through a playlist i had going and it got me wondering. The goal was to help further establish Diana as a multi-faceted and multi-talented artist. and certainly having the girls perform the bulk of a musical score was a brave and unique undertaking.

But without the benefit of the screen or stage to accompany the music, you're missing a lot of the context. So songs like I'm the Greatest Star and His Love Makes Me Beautiful can come across odd, bordering on egotistical. in the show, these moments were used for Fanny/Barbra to demonstrate her resilience, how she wasn't going to be push down. they're like I Have Confidence in Sound of Music. but without that context, yikes

and then there's the issue that the show really was crafted on Broadway for Barbra and had been widely acknowledged that it was really a 1-woman show with a few things here are there for supporting players. but mostly just about the 1.

So was the project just pushing things too far for DRATS? the name change had already raised eyebrows about Diana and her solo aspirations.