[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As usual, Amazon doesn't seem to have the stock from its pre-orders. I ordered mine a couple months ago and they tell me I won't have it till at least May 9. You'd think a company with Amazon's clout would be able to at least fill all its pre-orders on the release date. I suppose I'll save some money as the preorder price was $21 which I think was lower than other outlets, but it's frustrating to have to wait more than 2 weeks after the release date for Amazon to fill a pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    As usual, Amazon doesn't seem to have the stock from its pre-orders. I ordered mine a couple months ago and they tell me I won't have it till at least May 9. You'd think a company with Amazon's clout would be able to at least fill all its pre-orders on the release date. I suppose I'll save some money as the preorder price was $21 which I think was lower than other outlets, but it's frustrating to have to wait more than 2 weeks after the release date for Amazon to fill a pre-order.
    It's usually not Amazon but rather the label's distributor who encounters delays with distributing the release to retailers. This seems to happen a lot these days, especially with import releases that come from overseas.

Furthermore, I've seen this even more so with Cherry Red's releases. They will usually sell-out an initial batch/run and then more copies will pop-up after a few weeks. I noticed they're currently sold out of this set on their website, so I wouldn't be surprised if they secure more stock in the coming weeks. A bunch of other UK retailers seem to have stock, so I'm sure the US and other territories will follow suit.
    Last edited by carlo; 04-23-2024 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    It's usually not Amazon but rather the label's distributor who encounters delays with distributing the release to retailers. This seems to happen a lot these days, especially with import releases that come from overseas.

Furthermore, I've seen this even more so with Cherry Red's releases. They will usually sell-out an initial batch/run and then more copies will pop-up after a few weeks. I noticed they're currently sold out of this set on their website, so I wouldn't be surprised if they secure more stock in the coming weeks. A bunch of other UK retailers seem to have stock, so I'm sure the US and other territories will follow suit.
    I’m trying to be patient, Carlo, but you know how it is!

I’m trying to be patient, Carlo, but you know how it is!
    Oh yes! I definitely feel your pain, Kenneth. Being a Canadian Motown fan has not been easy in that sense, since I've almost always had to wait for both UK and US releases, well past their release dates. I've gotten used to it, including seeing other fans inevitably share spoilers on social media [ie. Pictures from booklets]. For me, it is what it is. Lol.

Kenneth, I noticed that a UK merchant that I've used in the past called Rarewaves has this set in stock for a good price. In case you're interested, here is the link...

https://www.rarewaves.com/products/5...ng-high-togeth

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Oh yes! I definitely feel your pain, Kenneth. Being a Canadian Motown fan has not been easy in that sense, since I've almost always had to wait for both UK and US releases, well past their release dates. I've gotten used to it, including seeing other fans inevitably share spoilers on social media [ie. Pictures from booklets]. For me, it is what it is. Lol.

Kenneth, I noticed that a UK merchant that I've used in the past called Rarewaves has this set in stock for a good price. In case you're interested, here is the link...

https://www.rarewaves.com/products/5...ng-high-togeth
    Thanks Carlo. I don't buy from Rarewaves. The only overseas retailer I will generally buy from in the UK is Zoverstocks. They replace lost or missing packages promptly with hardly any questions asked. My experience with Rarewaves has not been good. I bought a Stephen King Soundtrack collection from them for [[I think it was) $60, it was 4 CDs I think. Right after I bought it they dropped the price to only $20. I'd bought so much from them in the past I tried hard to get a partial refund. They said I would have to return the set to get credit for it, then buy it again. Of course with return postage that would hardly be worth it. I felt they were being exacting as far as the process when they could have simply given me a partial refund, even if they didn't have to, for the sake of keeping a customer happy.

Thanks though for the suggestion. I'll wait [[albeit not patiently) for my copy from Amazon.

Thanks Carlo. I don't buy from Rarewaves. The only overseas retailer I will generally buy from in the UK is Zoverstocks. They replace lost or missing packages promptly with hardly any questions asked. My experience with Rarewaves has not been good. I bought a Stephen King Soundtrack collection from them for [[I think it was) $60, it was 4 CDs I think. Right after I bought it they dropped the price to only $20. I'd bought so much from them in the past I tried hard to get a partial refund. They said I would have to return the set to get credit for it, then buy it again. Of course with return postage that would hardly be worth it. I felt they were being exacting as far as the process when they could have simply given me a partial refund, even if they didn't have to, for the sake of keeping a customer happy.

Thanks though for the suggestion. I'll wait [[albeit not patiently) for my copy from Amazon.
    No problem, Ken. Sorry to hear. I don't think many retailers will offer partial refunds on price reductions these days. I definitely understand your frustration though, as I've been through the same situation countless times. Amazon Canada used to be good with giving refunds on price decreases that occur within 30 days after the shipping date [ie. within the return window], but they have also stopped doing this. I usually have to re-order the item and then return the re-ordered item under the first order that has the higher price, to get the refund on the difference created by the price drop. At least with Amazon, the shipping is free, but it does put me in a tough spot, since I like to regularly support traditional independent stores as well, but their more restrictive return policies can make that difficult.

On a more related note, it seems that this Smokey & the Miracles set is back in stock on Cherry Red's website. Not sure what was going on, as the CD was showing as out of stock a minute ago, and now it is showing as in stock, after having refreshed the page.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/smokey-r...h-together-2cd
    Last edited by carlo; 04-24-2024 at 02:51 PM.