[REMOVE ADS]

David & Diana - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Aye aye, [or is it Ai ai?]

Very interesting!

Seems this person has 'discovered' a few more like that for their channel!

https://www.youtube.com/@vicescity

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for this - very interesting for sure and I wonder where this is leading

My worst nightmare!

So you want to change Marvin's voice so it sounds a little like David Ruffin and change Tammi's vocal so it resembles Diana Ross - guess what - there's an app for that. Except it doesn't work thankfully.

I think we are living in a world where technology can "do things" that were previously thought to be impossible. However, even though something is possible, it doesn't mean that it is worth doing.

The AI output here is far from convincing.

Utter crap!

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    I think we are living in a world where technology can "do things" that were previously thought to be impossible. However, even though something is possible, it doesn't mean that it is worth doing.

The AI output here is far from convincing.
    I agree to both, although in the case of the latter, this channel has some of the better ones I've come across.

But when you listen for the second and third time, you can indeed start to hear that in parts it is not quite so natural sounding or true to the voice it is supposed to be mimicking, and is only as good as the AI model and the person using and this case, training it.

[Early days, but who knows how much better and more true and lifelike these AI models will become in the future? - I think the creators pinned comments are worth taking note of].

That said, I much prefer and endorse the use of the AI tools that have been developed for the use in isolating, removing, and separating instruments and vocals from songs [such as Ultimate Vocal Remover], so original backing tracks can be created, and also used to create first time stereo mixes for songs where only a mixed mono master exists, and there is no multitrack master to create an 'official' new mix from.

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by bradburger; 01-21-2024 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bradburger View Post

That said, I much prefer and endorse the use of the AI tools that have been developed for the use in isolating, removing, and separating instruments and vocals from songs [such as Ultimate Vocal Remover], so original backing tracks can be created, and also used to create first time stereo mixes for songs where only a mixed mono master exists, and there is no multitrack master to create an 'official' new mix from.

Cheers

Paul
    Completely agree Paul. I see that as constructive and respectful in a way that contrasts with the negatives of making Tammi sound a bit like Diana.

I hate AI vocals so much LMAO

Ain't no voices high enough and ain't no voices low enough. Ain't no Diana and ain't no David. Ain't no good.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Ain't no voices high enough and ain't no voices low enough. Ain't no Diana and ain't no David. Ain't no good.
    Ain’t Nothing Like The Real Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Boogie, I thought it sounded a little bit like David, but, to my ears, it didn't sound any more like Diana than the man in the moon.