[REMOVE ADS]

The Primettes' Tears of Sorrow 7" sells for $1,275

Not sure if anyone else had seen that The Primettes' first single had popped up on eBay last week. The auction ended yesterday, closing at a whopping $1,275 USD! I think this is the highest I've seen it sell for, and it seems to be in excellent condition, considering its age and rareness.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/204594755917...mis&media=COPY

The girls still commanding a pretty penny.

Who would have ever thought at that time that those two songs being cut would ever sale for that kind of money?

Admittedly, I'm always confused about this release. Did the 45 come out while the Primettes were still a thing, or did it not see the light of day until after the Supremes made it big and Robert West tried to capitalize on their success by releasing the 45?

Back in the 90s, I remember winning a copy off eBay for $500. I figured I'd never see it again so I took the plunge. But part of me always wondered if I was taken.

The girls once said that they only sold 4 copies and they bought all 4 but they are wrong. They sold at least 5 copies because I have one and I am not selling.

OMG You all are the biggest, bestest fans. I am not worthy! :[[

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Back in the 90s, I remember winning a copy off eBay for $500. I figured I'd never see it again so I took the plunge. But part of me always wondered if I was taken.
    I bet that decision now gives you tears of joy

I always thought Diana should have performed a fun medley of those early Primette/Supremes flops. I’m sure it would have gone down really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I always thought Diana should have performed a fun medley of those early Primette/Supremes flops. I’m sure it would have gone down really well.
    I thought such a medley would have been a nice addition to the Farewell performance or Return to Love.

I think someone posted that in 1985, she was going to do A BREATH TAKING GUY when she appeared with Smokey on his tv show THE MOTOWN REVUE. But for some reason it didn't happen.

I thought such a medley would have been a nice addition to the Farewell performance or Return to Love.

I think someone posted that in 1985, she was going to do A BREATH TAKING GUY when she appeared with Smokey on his tv show THE MOTOWN REVUE. But for some reason it didn't happen.
    that's a great idea. doing a medley of the really early tunes. sort of a part of a history of the group. i'd recommend they do

I Want A Guy - only cuz it's the first one
    You Heart Belongs to Me
    Breathtaking
    Let me go the right way
    Lovelight

then do a tribute to Flo. and with all of the modern technology, what about having Flo's leads on Popcorn and Good News with Diana and Mary backing her up. they could make this a tribute segment to her. the band would play along to the recording of Flo's voice. and M and D singing along too.

She did sing a bit of the song on the Smokey Robinson Show Special

That would have made for a cute duet. In concert she might have introduced the medley as the hits that never were. Even one of those early songs would have added a bit of fun and made for something new.
    She seems to have a soft spot for Breathtaking Guy”, which for me is an ok song made special since it features all three Supremes on lead.

That would have made for a cute duet. In concert she might have introduced the medley as the hits that never were. Even one of those early songs would have added a bit of fun and made for something new.
    She seems to have a soft spot for Breathtaking Guy”, which for me is an ok song made special since it features all three Supremes on lead.
    it has a special spot for me to, pretty much for the same reason. hearing all 3 is just wonderful and makes up for the rather awkward chorus lyrics. if we were to actually rate this song, it's pretty weak. it's a rather non-descript conga groove, the verses are pretty fine enough but not super engaging. and then the chorus as this odd run-on sentence.

but it's still a fav and i always include on playlists

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    it has a special spot for me to, pretty much for the same reason. hearing all 3 is just wonderful and makes up for the rather awkward chorus lyrics. if we were to actually rate this song, it's pretty weak. it's a rather non-descript conga groove, the verses are pretty fine enough but not super engaging. and then the chorus as this odd run-on sentence.

but it's still a fav and i always include on playlists
    I love the softness in Flo’s voice on this one, a side to her voice we rarely got to hear. I always want to hear more of it before the song switches to Mary.

I love the softness in Flo’s voice on this one, a side to her voice we rarely got to hear. I always want to hear more of it before the song switches to Mary.
    i do too! i would have loved to hear her do a ballad or tune and have the producer guide her vocals in this same style. Flo had not only a big voice but also a heavy one. Listen to Good News and there's weight there. and it works perfectly. but that heaviness could drag down a soft and delicate tune. there are points in Silent Night and O Holy Night that are lovely and some that are too heavy. practice and guidance could have helped her develop these different sounds.