[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Andre Braugher and Ryan O'Neal

Obviously no connection to one another but these are our two most recent US celebrity obituaries. Andre's death just yesterday was especially shocking as he was only 61. In the event you do not recognize the name, he was on the sitcom Brooklyn Nine Nine with Andy Samberg. He played the police chief.

Ryan of course was famous for many roles, such as Love Story and the film comedies What's Up Doc? and Paper Moon. His daughter Tatum starred with him in the latter and won an Oscar for her performance.

Sad news all around. O'Neal's, sadly, had been brewing for a long time due to his long illness, but that never mitigates things.

My God, Braugher's death has me reeling. I particularly loved seeing him shine as A. Philip Randolph in Robert Townsend's 10,000 Black Men Named George. A major loss of talent.

Andre Braugher....VERY SAD LOSS! I just loved him in Homicide: Life on the Street, Law & Order shows.........& since he appeared in Glory with Denzel Washington. RIP

I agree, Sans........:[[

Sorry to hear about Andre Braugher & Ryan O'Neill's passings. RIP to both of them!

Unrelated to these two losses, but apropos to the thread: Last week, we also lost the great Ellen Holly, who, aside from being the first Black actor in a starring role on a soap ["One Life to Live"], was an accomplished theatre/film actor [8 Shakespearean roles under her belt] and trenchant writer as well. Her autobiography, One Life​, is a fantastic read. She was 92.

Last edited by sansradio; 12-14-2023 at 08:31 AM.