Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
In the notes for the YOUNG HEARTS RUN FREE / HOUSE OF LOVE cd, Candi said that she looking forward to working with Dave again after YHRF but he reneged. She also said that he was a frustrated artist and singer, and that she felt if they had done the follow-up album to YHRF that she could have been a superstar.

Warner Bros. brought them back together for HOUSE OF LOVE but had to do a lot of convincing for Candi to work with him again. She actually made them hold his money until the project was done. But he apologized and she forgave him.

They later worked on the great track WITHOUT YOU I CRY and Candi's only Sugar Hill release NIGHTLITES.
I'm glad Candi acknowledges Dave's significance. She definitely would've had a stronger run of it had they maintained their momentum together.

Crawford had his own label LA Records. He put out a disco single in 1979 NY IS WHERE I'D RATHER BE ....a fun ['cause that was foremost the point of disco] spin on the Green Acres TV theme.

I've never seen it on you tube ...and I check whenever it crosses my mind ... but I remember liking it ... but don't know if I'd still feel the same ...