[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Choker Campbell / Edward McFarland Jnr -- Car Crash Florida 1962

I looked on the net for any info on this Motown Revue musician who was killed in Florida in late 1962; Edward McFarland Jnr ... but couldn't find a thing.
    Anyone here know anything at all about him ?
    I'm guessing he was just a 'Motown touring musician' who played in Choker Campbell's Motown Review Big Orchestra back then, and that he wasn't involved in any Hitsville recording sessions. In the attached mag piece he is described as Beans Bowle's assistant, so I guess his role was more important than that of just a musician in the band.
    In 1961, it had been Popcorn & the Mohawks that had been the Motown Review tour band but Choker & his band had taken over those duties sometime early in 1962.Name:  MotownReviewDec62.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  105.5 KB
    Last edited by jsmith; 10-24-2023 at 07:24 PM.