[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I personally don't think she had a throat infection. Maybe that was what many were speculating but to me, she just sounded tired. Diana was already having some minor vocal issues in 2019 and the inactivity during the pandemic made it worse. At her age, if you aren't working your voice regularly, the strength in the muscle is going to diminish very quickly. That back to back tour schedule that she had overseas last summer was not wise. I think everyone was enticed by the money to be made and didn't think about the proper physical and vocal rest that she would need. She also didn't do herself any favours when she was doing those extended encores and taking requests from the audience, singing more vocally challenging songs like Home and The Boss. It's no wonder her voice was so tired, by the time she got to Glastonbury. I think that tour damaged her voice [not permanently] and it has taken quite some time for it to recover. She's been sounding better lately, on the live performances she's been doing during her recent shows.

Hopefully she is better prepared for this tour, this time around. I hope after this, she takes it much slower, with the scheduling.
    Last edited by carlo; 10-06-2023 at 09:17 AM.