Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
i'm not saying everyone needs to attend. if someone feels like "hey - i loved her sound and all back in the 70s and those memories are so precious to me that i don't want to go and see it today" totally fine. people can hold onto those old memories of a performer all they want.

the promoters apparently feel they can charge X for the tickets [[have no idea what they're going for myself) and that they can fill a concert hall sufficiently, why not? it's a business after all. and again, if someone is wanting to go and spend $X to hear a 79 year old woman perform, they shouldn't be surprised if there are vocal issues. odds are the attendee isn't some random person off the street with 0 awareness or familiarity with who or what DIANA ROSS is. my guess is the audience will be mostly made up of those that do want to walk down memory lane and are mostly willing to overlook things if the voice isn't up to 100%.

if they're shocked by her voice then they're just stupid people and frankly deserve to be parted with their money lol
Again, it all comes down to what you call bad. I’m sure nobody attending would expect her to sound as she did forty years ago. Having said that, if she sings as off key as she did at Glastonbury then i I think anyone who has forked out a couple of hundred pounds + for the privilege has every right to feel short changed. I hardly think that makes them stupid.
Here’s hoping she won’t be that bad and most will leave thinking it money well spent.