[REMOVE ADS]

Emotions: I Could Never be Happy--too inspired by Ross' Ain't No Mountain?

Anyone else think this 1972 single by The Emotions while on Stax sounds bit like Diana Ross' version of Ain't No Mountain High Enough?

good job! thanks for spotting this ....

the link from Motown to EW&F's I DONT WANNA LOSE YOUR LOVE. most enlightening.... rarely does a piece of music emerge from a vacuum ...

Last edited by Boogiedown; 08-26-2023 at 12:42 PM.

LOVE I Could Never Be Happy by The Emotions.

OK. ok. In the era when George Harrison had to sweat the farm over a lawsuit by the songwriters/producers of The Chiffons' "My Sweet Lord" [[and btw, I never heard any kind of similarity in the two- only maybe a hint of a whiff of similarity) how in God's Green Earth did Motown NOT sue over this? I can hear it from 1 million miles away. This doesn't just sound a bit like ANMHE- this IS ANMHE, just written sideways. It's too bad it was two years later because it would have made for a pretty good follow up for Ms. Ross.
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 08-27-2023 at 01:11 AM.

It sounds even more like Diana's Ain't No Mountain High Enough when they performed it live: