[REMOVE ADS]

more Stolen Moments

was just thinking in regards to another thread on the song Summertime.
    on DR album, Stolen Moments , which i liked very much,.. i always thought she should have added a few of own songs such as, Summertime to the set list.
    that said ,here are a few other songs i think would have worked.
    Hard for me to say
    friend to friend
    my baby my own
    more and more
    its my turn
    reach out ill be there
    his music makes me dance
    never say i dont love you
    come in from the rain

any other songs that you think would work on a album?????

Stolen Moments was a jazz/blues show, not a ballads show so unless any of those songs were seriously re-arranged, I can't hear any of them in the context of what she was aiming for in Stolen Moments.

That being said, it would have been nice if in the 90s, when unplugged, acoustic shows were a big deal, if she had done an unplugged/acoustic/ballads type show, singing songs on davidh's list above.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Stolen Moments was a jazz/blues show, not a ballads show so unless any of those songs were seriously re-arranged, I can't hear any of them in the context of what she was aiming for in Stolen Moments.

That being said, it would have been nice if in the 90s, when unplugged, acoustic shows were a big deal, if she had done an unplugged/acoustic/ballads type show, singing songs on davidh's list above.
    she performed Small Hotel which is somewhat jazz but really just American Songbook. So i think she could have gotten away with a slightly broader definition. the concert is stunning and man - talk about a magic moment. would love to have been there. But I do think she might have benefited from a more broad set list. not that she needed to sing Baby Love but almost all of the tunes are basically from her Lady soundtrack. and there are SO many more wonderful songs out there. might have been nice to broaden that a bit

another wonderful thing about SM is that it reunited her with Gil and such wonderful musicians. this was a reunion that, while maybe not with M and C, was still so great to have. Gil and Diana made history together and so for them to pair up and to have it so well recorded and documented is a treat. of course Gil is no longer with us so it makes this all the more special

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post

Yes I agree with you and I thought she could rearrange a few songs to fit the segment.
    But I don't know if anyone better to interpret a song lyrics better than Diana.

Last edited by 1382hitsville; 06-27-2023 at 07:54 PM. Reason: additional link

The Stolen Moments article was such an inspiring piece to read, making it all the more regrettable that she eventually chose to abandon such material.
    Repeat performances of “Don’t Explain is generally all that remains, seeming odd when the song is continually referred to as the highlight of the evening in concert reviews.
    Perhaps a jazz arrangement of “I Will Survive” to accompany the version we normally hear being the way to go.