Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
Mega-amen to that, PMG. Apparently, it was Aretha's express wish that her remaining analog-only '75-'79 Atlantic output never be reissued, but, like you, I nurse hope. Some of the tracks resurfaced on her career-spanning box set of a couple of years ago, so there's every reason to keep our fingers crossed. She was at her vocal peak in these years, IMHO. [I'm friendly with her son Kecalf on social media, but can't bring myself to ask him about such a tetchy subject.]

P.S.: Happy you like Jennifer's "Giving Up"! "Thunderous" is the word!
Yes, Jennifer's version is hot! I just discovered Donny Hathaway's version, as well. Love 'em both!

Regarding Aretha's son, couldn't you just casually remark something like, "Your mom sure recorded some fantastic albums for Atlantic. Do you think there's any chance we'll ever see a CD release of the last few? You wouldn't be pushy, nor would you be demanding [[which would understandably annoy him). You would just be a friend who is merely expressing a sincere interest in his mom's music. That's totally up to you, of course. You're familiar with her son's personality, whereas I'm not.

Hey, if you ever get the chance, I would love to know if Aretha enjoyed working with Van McCoy on her "La Diva" album. Is that something you could comfortably ask him?