[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I wonder for artists, not just Diana Ross, to what degree they hold on to their signature look for public appearances because that's what their public expects and don't want to upset the public by appearing more like they really are? And if they thought people would not be upset by appearing as the seniors they are in everyday life would they be more likely to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    I wonder for artists, not just Diana Ross, to what degree they hold on to their signature look for public appearances because that's what their public expects and don't want to upset the public by appearing more like they really are? And if they thought people would not be upset by appearing as the seniors they are in everyday life would they be more likely to do so?
    Much of Diana’s success and appeal has always been built around her image as a glamorous woman. This perhaps being the reason she continues to use thirty+ year old pics of herself on album covers and concert promos, though she isn’t alone in this and doesn’t really need it.
    Shallow as it probably is, i definitely think it would have an effect on the people buying concert tickets if the expectation were to be greeted by an old lady with short grey hair and a smart frock.