[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Sylvester

Thanks, nice backgroundstory.

Thanks Lakeside.

I ended up getting my copy of the new Sylvester anthology, "Disco Heat". It comes with a nice booklet. The audio sounds great to me. I'm enjoying this collection

I just saw that the booklet mentions a book called, "The Fabulous Sylvester" by Joshua Gamson, which was published in 2005. Per the reviews I'm seeing on Amazon, it seems to be a good read. I will need to check it out.

I saw Sylvester LIVE at a disco in S. Florida in late '87 or early '88. It was just him singing to tracks, which was common in discos at the time. I remember he had orange tights on with a dark top.Long orange hair.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Thanks Lakeside.

I ended up getting my copy of the new Sylvester anthology, "Disco Heat". It comes with a nice booklet. The audio sounds great to me. I'm enjoying this collection

I just saw that the booklet mentions a book called, "The Fabulous Sylvester" by Joshua Gamson, which was published in 2005. Per the reviews I'm seeing on Amazon, it seems to be a good read. I will need to check it out.
    Carlo, the biography is essential. I had a nodding acquaintance with Gamson when I managed a college bookstore.

On another note, I hear that the Jason King podcast series on Sylvester is now out from under the paywall! Very exciting news.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Carlo, the biography is essential. I had a nodding acquaintance with Gamson when I managed a college bookstore.

On another note, I hear that the Jason King podcast series on Sylvester is now out from under the paywall! Very exciting news.
    Thanks Sans! Due to your recommendation, I will definitely be sure to make this Sylvester bio my next read

I will be checking out the podcast tomorrow as well...thanks!

A great read, Carlo. Enjoy!

I finished reading this book today on my holidays in the Canaries. Lots of background on the albums and funny stories about the Tons. Very moving at the end when AIDS hit so many guys from SF and many friends of Sylvester. I am really sorry I missed his first big show here in Holland. Recommended,

I read in the book that the SF Opera show was about 3 hours long. I wonder if there are audio recordings left that are not on the double album. And maybe a video recording?