Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
my heart sank when I read that she had new music coming out when there was much to be mined from touch me in the morning. When I saw it was from Michael Masser , I was thrilled. I was very disappointed when I first heard it, I was hoping for another killer ballad. I thought it was well produced, if you’re looking for a Dixieland, pop, single, and it was catchy enough. But to eschew brown baby, we need you, all of my life, and leave a little room…….for THIS?????? I knew that it was fun enough to catch on with some people, but I knew it was going to be a big disappointment as a follow up. And it was.

I think no one’s gonna be a fool, forever, suffers from one of the things that touch did, and that is the opening vocal. It’s a dark, moody and you have to listen. Hard to get into it. Hit singles don’t start off that way. You want it to grab you, not you to have to go chasing it. It just never works. The track itself is OK. It sounds very early 70s, but it is such a step down from TMITM. I think it would’ve stalled in the 40s, only because it was following a mega hit. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be pretty.
The Touch me in the morning album was discarded way too soon. The UK got All of my Life of course, but they also wanted to release a 3rd single but were asked by Motown USA to concentrate on Last time i saw him. Utter madness! We need you, I won't last a day without you and Leave a little light could have been hits in their own right .Diana was very proud of the album, and it was one of the few albums that she seemed to recall in some detail. They should have delayed Last time i saw him by at least 9 months to avoid the product saturation, and of course we also had the Diana and Marvin album around the same time too.