[REMOVE ADS]

Birthday recognitions for February 19th for Motown employees

First and foremost, today Smokey Robinson celebrates his 83rd birthday.

Ironically, Bobby Rogers of the original Miracles was born this day in 1940 in the same hospital as Smokey Robinson. He would celebrate his 83rd birthday today if he were still with us.

Also, Al Abrams, publicity director of Motown in the beginning, was born this day in 1941. He would celebrate his 82nd birthday today if he were still with us.

Happy Birthday to the legendary Smokey Robinson and let's keep Bobby and Al in our thoughts today for their contributions to Motown.

A very happy birthday and many more to Smokey! I'm glad he's still with us and as active as he is.

I'm lucky to have a few Motown publicity photos in my collection that came from Al's extensive collection. I know he rarely parted with any of them! The ones I acquired he donated to a charity event as fundraiser items, and I bought them from the man who worked for the charity who won them at the auction. They have Al's stamp on the backs.
    Darin

[Beleated] Birthday Greetings to Smokey Robinson and Happy Heavenly Birthday to Bobby Rogers & Al Abrams. Will always remember them for their contributions to Motown and The Music World.