[REMOVE ADS]

Clarence Clemons of the E. Street Band Suffers Serious Stroke.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...troke-20110612

By Andy Greene
    June 12, 2011 9:56 PM ET
    Rolling Stone can confirm reports that Clarence Clemons has had a stroke. The news broke this evening at 411.com, which reported that Clemons is "seriously ill after a stroke at his home in Florida." We have no information on the severity of the stroke, but we have independently confirmed that the E Street Band saxophonist has suffered a stroke.

Clemons has gone through a series of medical ailments - mostly involving his back and knees - over the past decade. He hasn't missed any concerts, but the conditions caused him to suffer a tremendous amount of pain and discomfort. "That last tour was hell," Clemons told Rolling Stone in February. "Pure hell." In the past year Clemons had both knees replaced and spinal fusion surgery. "The timing was perfect because it didn't interfere with a lot of stuff that was going on in my life," he says. "It made me stronger, and for the past year I've been in physical therapy a few days a week working my ass off to get back in shape. I'm walking better now, though I still use a cane and crutches. But now I'm having hip problems again. I don't know why."

Photos: Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Set at Asbury Park

Clemons last performed with Springsteen and the E Street Band in December of 2010 at Asbury Park's Carousel House for a special web broadcast taping. He performs on two songs on Lady Gaga's new album Born This Way, and just last month played "Edge of Glory" with her at the season finale of American Idol. He was supposed to play the national anthem before Game 2 of the NBA Finals last week, but a hand injury forced him to cancel at the last minute. He watched the game in the stands with Tim Hardaway and Alonzo Mourning.

When Rolling Stone spoke to Clemons in February he said that virtually nothing would take him off the road with Springsteen and The E Street Band. "As long as my mouth, hands and brain still work I'll be out there doing it," he said. "I'm going to keep going 'til I'm not there anymore. This is what's keeping me alive and feeling young and inspired. My spiritual teacher Sri Chinmoy told me that my purpose in life is to bring joy and light to the world, and I don't know any better way to do then what I'm doing now."

The Darkness Sessions: Photos of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band from 1978

We'll have more information on Clemons' medical condition as the story develops.

Twitter |

Clarence Clemons of the E. Street Band Suffers Serious Stroke.

Here is another article about it.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2011/06/report_clarence_clemons_suffer.html

I am sorry to hear this news. My prayers are with Mr. Clemons and his recovery, as he is the undeniable soulfull influence of the E-Street band.
    He reminds me of the late great King Curtis. God Bless!!!!

Oh no.....I wish him a speedy recovery.

The Big Man

My thoughts and prayers are with Clarence and his family

this man was the ONLY reason I listened to the E Street Band. I am not a huge Springsteen fan but he added to the mix when I would see them live. Get well Clarence I miss your sax.
    Steph

Hi this is Kev-Lo

I heard about it this morning I wish him a speedy recovery

There is an unsubstantiated update here that says he is improving......, lets hope for the best......

http://music.msn.com/music/article.a...2716&gt1=28102

I'll keep him in my prayers.

Let's hope for a full recovery for the Big Man. He sent me a card for my 50th birthday. First Danny, and now Clarence, Bruce may be a god, but without The E Street Band as disciples then the magic is lost.

From what I'm seeing in the news he is improving. I read his book last summer and the big man is a hell of a character.
    Wishing the best for him...