[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: TCB musicians

TCB musicians

Just been watching clips of the Tempts/Supes TV show TCB. Were any of the regular Motown studio musicians part of the orchestra. I know Gil Askey and Maurice King were involved with the arrangements. I notice there were two drummers... shades of the Snakepit!!

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    Just been watching clips of the Tempts/Supes TV show TCB. Were any of the regular Motown studio musicians part of the orchestra. I know Gil Askey and Maurice King were involved with the arrangements. I notice there were two drummers... shades of the Snakepit!!
    I have never heard of any Detroit musicians on this soundtrack, it was recorded in LA. One of the Andantes said they recorded vocals for both TCB and GIT, but I don't hear it.

Cornelius Grant is the only Detroit musician who plays in the orchestra on the show but that’s because of his work with the Temptations.

All of the vocals and music for this were recorded in LA at NBC’s Burbank Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I have never heard of any Detroit musicians on this soundtrack, it was recorded in LA. One of the Andantes said they recorded vocals for both TCB and GIT, but I don't hear it.
    Rick I'm with you regarding the Andantes vocals I don't hear it unless it's that last note for Impossible Dream and that last note on that Mountinee [[sp) Skit. They could have recorded guide rehearsal vocals but I don't hear them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Rick I'm with you regarding the Andantes vocals I don't hear it unless it's that last note for Impossible Dream and that last note on that Mountinee [[sp) Skit. They could have recorded guide rehearsal vocals but I don't hear them at all.
    That last note you are referring to Rick sure sounds like Cindy to me. On another threat there is all types of speculation as to who sings the opening "Come Go with Me" on the Loving Country. That is clearly, again, Cindy