The Isley Brother's bio on Pandora radio reads as follow in part:

They signed to the Motown subsidiary Tamla in 1965, where they joined forces with the famed Holland-Dozier-Holland writing and production team. Their first single, the shimmering "This Old Heart of Mine [[Is Weak for You)," was their finest moment yet, and barely missed the pop Top Ten.

"This Old Heart of Mine" was their only hit on Motown, however, and when the song hit number three in Britain in 1967, the Isleys relocated to England in order to sustain their flagging career; after years of writing their own material, they felt straitjacketed by the Motown assembly-line production formula, and by the time they returned stateside in 1969, they had exited Tamla to resuscitate the T-Neck label

Does anyone know just how much time the Isleys actually spent in England during thier Motown years? Does anyone else find it strange? That during the height of Motown's popularity in the US, the Isleys take off for England? I know very little is written/known about their time with Motown. Heck if it wern't for their recordings one would be hard pressed to believe they actually were signed to the label. There aren't many picutures from that era, no known live recordings, I've never read or heard any stories from other artists, writers or producers about their time there. It's just like a blank page in their and Motown's history. I do recall reading once that the Isley's felt like outsiders when the joined Motown [[as did Gladys Knight and the Pips, and I'm sure other non-Detroiter's did as well). I my opinion the Isley's recorded some great songs while with Motown. It's just too bad not much is known about their time there. Did they perform in Detroit during Motown Mondays? Does anyone recall seeing them live while they were signed to Motown between 1965-69? Do we know what their set list was like? Did they tour with any of the other Motown acts?