Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
I'm glad to see this thread get a little action.

I made a vow that ANYTIME a Supremes EE was released, I would support it, sometimes with multiple copies. So I'm glad to have purchased this one. Does anyone remember the MSRP? Was it $69.99? Worth every penny, especially looking at that they're reselling for now. Sonetimes they're $500 on eBay.

This is one of the ULTIMATE EE's, and a definite "love letter" to the Jean Terrell years.
it is a truly superb set. but of course i'd vote for some changes still! lol

it's a shame they didn't include more alt and unreleased versions. i know they needed to squeeze in more of the Promised Kept tracks. but that was one of the thrills with the LYG set is that there were alt versions of the songs we knew. while i'm super thrilled to have the unreleased tracks [[of course i want everything!) to be honest, they're not as strong of tunes as most of the released things. so an alt or extended version of Ladder would be preferable to Eleanor Rigby.

but then again, perhaps the idea was to save the alt versions for a potential Lost & Found set, since the high name recognition of the hit tunes would help sell it