[REMOVE ADS]

Best Motown songs

Hello, I work at Gold Radio in the UK and we're currently hosting a competition ,Gold's Greatest Hits, to find the 300 best songs of all time - and since we're all huge soul fans here at the station, we'd love to know what Motown fans think!

You can pop over to the website to register your vote, and put yourself in the running for some fab prizes: http://greatesthits.mygoldmusic.com/ .

What are your favourite songs from the Motown back catalogue? My vote's going to 'What's Going On', 'Baby Love' and pretty much anything Stevie Wonder released in the early seventies - cheating, I know, but it's a tricky business is this.

x

Hello Alex_D.

I was in a pub down near Southend Pier earlier today and they had GOLD radio on .. in the half hour or so I was there I heard "Heaven Must Have Sent You" and "The Happening" and a few promotions about it being "Motown Monday".

My personal favourite Motown recordings [[ all five star treasures in my opinion ) include ..

"The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game" : THE MARVELETTES
    "Didn't you Know You'd Have to Cry Sometime" : GLADYS KNIGHT AND THE PIPS.
    "Shake Me Wake Me" : THE FOUR TOPS
    "Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart" : THE SUPREMES
    "Love Bug Leave My Heart ALone" : MARTHA REEVES AND THE VANDELLAS
    "Smiling Faces Sometimes" : THE UNDISPUTED TRUTH
    "Does Your Mama Know About Me" : BOBBY TAYLOR AND THE VANCOUVERS
    "Since I Lost My Baby" : THE TEMPTATIONS
    "Shoe Shoe Shine" : DYNAMIC SUPERIORS
    "Ain't That Peculiar" : MARVIN GAYE
    "Take Me In Your Arms" : KIM WESTON
    "Just A Little Bit Of You" : MICHAEL JACKSON
    "When I'm Gone" : BRENDA HOLLOWAY
    "Hey Love" : STEVIE WONDER
    "Function At The Junction" : SHORTY LONG
    "First I Look At The Purse" : THE CONTOURS

Whilst I was listening to your station I only heard records that made the U.K Top 10, giving me the impression that your station is lacking in imagination .. please prove me wrong by playing some of the above, none of which even made the U.K. Top 40.

Thanks ..

Roger

Reach Out, More Love, Whats Going On, I Can't Help Myself, I Could Never Love Another, This Old Heart Of Mine, Too Busy Thinking About My Baby, What Does It Take, My World Is Empty Without You,Going to Give Her all the Love I Got, Ask The Lonely, Someday Will Be Together, For Once In My Life ,My Girl, Can't Hurry Love, Just My Imagination- to name a few
    Last edited by tmd; 04-06-2011 at 10:46 PM.