[REMOVE ADS]

BEWARE FakAlettes coming to NYC

Check the spelling -the MarvAlettes! with Dennis Edwards Temptation Review-pic of the "ladies" in NY Daily New today in ad; http://lehmancenter.org/shows/20_Tempt.html

Funny how it's misspelled in the title, then spelled correctly in the description. Maybe they'll be selling some snake oil before the show.

And it is also spelled MarvAlettes in newspaper ad!

They start out talking about Dennis Edward's Temptations Review and then talk about the Temptations.

I don't care how they are spelling it, I will never, ever, ever go see that fake group! IF they were any good, they'd get their own name and build it up!

With that spelling this fake group may not even be connected to all the other fake groups backed by Larry Marshak.

With everyone hell bent in the U.S.suing for any little thing. I have never really understood how these acts get to advertise and work. By the way, I play a MEAN harmonica [[in the bathroom), wear designer shades, have a great smile. short hair{Dont do dreadlocks). Can any promoter /manager get me work? My name is Eivets Rednow, by the way.Great stage name no? Oh and Im white, well actually half Greek / Half French, so sort of Brown...lol..PAULO A.K.APavlos. AKA Paul.....xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    With everyone hell bent in the U.S.suing for any little thing. I have never really understood how these acts get to advertise and work. By the way, I play a MEAN harmonica [[in the bathroom), wear designer shades, have a great smile. short hair{Dont do dreadlocks). Can any promoter /manager get me work? My name is Eivets Rednow, by the way.Great stage name no? Oh and Im white, well actually half Greek / Half French, so sort of Brown...lol..PAULO A.K.APavlos. AKA Paul.....xxxx
    Stop it Paulo, stop it right now!!! LOL!!!

Too bad Evits Rednow didn't have a major hit or you'd get work, Paulo!

And if the change in spelling makes it legit, well, let's book...

the Sh-rells,
    the Shantells
    the Dixi-Kups
    the For Topps
    the Supriems
    and on and on and on...

LOL exactly or Sue Premes! Just go out as STEVIE WONDER[[review)

I WONDER what Stevie would think?????..Sorry LOL..Paulo xxxx

I never did care for Alfie, or Michael Caine either. Not a lot of people no that....HA HA..Paulo xxxx

No problema Paulo--as long as u stick in word tribute or review! My friend is changing her name to Sue Premes and going on out with two other girls!

LUKE...Faab...thats Marvelous!! What a Supreme idea! Just be careful a lady called Mary doesnt try an slap a lawsuit on you for using the name..HA HA....I Feel a Lollipop coming on, My cats being a GOOD GIRL, I feel a Bit of Sister Love comin on so I can give 3 Ounces Of Love to my High Inergy girls, and playlist being done as we speak. Sorry, CRAP joke. Couldnt quite get The Velvelettes or Martha & the Vandellas or Andantes etc in there. Lost the plot Paulo xx

Mary or Motown can do nothing--legal name change as per my friend who goes on tour as Van Dellas with two others. rofl

So My Sis can be a Pointer Sister, or a Mary Jane Girl, or whatever, as long as I dont add the S? Shit,

Quote Originally Posted by randy_russi View Post
    Too bad Evits Rednow didn't have a major hit or you'd get work, Paulo!

hehehehehehhe! Randy!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    LOL exactly or Sue Premes! Just go out as STEVIE WONDER[[review)
    I was thinking more along the lines of "The Supremettes" and the "Fo' Tops"! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    LUKE...Faab...thats Marvelous!! What a Supreme idea! Just be careful a lady called Mary doesnt try an slap a lawsuit on you for using the name..HA HA....I Feel a Lollipop coming on, My cats being a GOOD GIRL, I feel a Bit of Sister Love comin on so I can give 3 Ounces Of Love to my High Inergy girls, and playlist being done as we speak. Sorry, CRAP joke. Couldnt quite get The Velvelettes or Martha & the Vandellas or Andantes etc in there. Lost the plot Paulo xx
    Paulo
    The Velvelettes have been "faked" too.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I don't care how they are spelling it, I will never, ever, ever go see that fake group! IF they were any good, they'd get their own name and build it up!
    Hmmm! They're called the MARVALETTES and they are performing in NY. Are you sure that you are not involved with this group Marv?

Now we're getting the hang of it LOL; Fo Tops, MJ girl--wonderful!! Vell Veletes; Pam Darden tours as Pam Darden of Gladys Hortons Marvelettes or some damm name similar to that. Maybe Joyce Vincent will break off as The Supremes' Scherrie Payne FLOS fomer lady memeber!

Now we're getting the hang of it LOL; Fo Tops, MJ girl--wonderful!! Vell Veletes; Pam Darden tours as Pam Darden of Gladys Hortons Marvelettes or some damm name similar to that. Maybe Joyce Vincent will break off as The Supremes' Scherrie Payne FLOS fomer lady memeber!
    Lay off Joyce Vincent. She was somebody before she joined the FLOS or whatever they are called. She doesn't need to borrow the Supremes' name. Joyce can always go back to touring as a member of Tony Tallahasee & DONN.
    I don't understand why so much attention is brought to these groups of Marvelettes. Gladys Horton has passed on, and neither Wanda or Katherine are interested in touring. I guess somebody has to do it. Most of us know who the real Marvelettes were and would never pay a dime to see anyone else claiming to be the Marvelettes. But at least tradition is being upheld. Motown used to misspell Marvelettes too. These MARVAlettes could be legit. I wonder if the group members' names are Gladie, Wandella and Caterine?
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 04-01-2011 at 10:36 AM.

I hope to see other legendary Motown acts performing the country as well like...

Jimmie Roughin
    Kim Easton
    The Monitours
    The El Gins
    The Spinhers
    Tina Duress
    Linda Lorenz
    Mary Ballard
    Florence Wilson
    Cindy Birdstone
    Smokey & The Little Smokeys

Wonderful--lets start a company for them - Moo-town with a pic of a cow! Logo- Milking the stars!

Wonderful--lets start a company for them - Moo-town with a pic of a cow! Logo- Milking the stars!
    Or how about "Shitzville USA"?

Well, my friend is changing her name to KRIS TALLS and she's going out to Da DO Run Run with two other girls--sorry
    La La and Dee Dee...

lol--lets start the management company Randy.

They should be called the Snake-a-lettes. Thieves!

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Hmmm! They're called the MARVALETTES and they are performing in NY. Are you sure that you are not involved with this group Marv?
    I am totally sure!

Naw, If Joyce Vincent is going to do something, it's going to be " The Dawn of the Supremes!"

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I hope to see other legendary Motown acts performing the country as well like...

Jimmie Roughin
    Kim Easton
    The Monitours
    The El Gins
    The Spinhers
    Tina Duress
    Linda Lorenz
    Mary Ballard
    Florence Wilson
    Cindy Birdstone
    Smokey & The Little Smokeys
    I've seen Tina Duress [[after a few drinks...) and she was pretty good!

hahahahaha......Shut up! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Or how about "Shitzville USA"?
    Ok LOL! But it would be more accurate to name the company "Identity Theft Productions Inc.!"

Well, my friend is changing her name to KRIS TALLS and she's going out to Da DO Run Run with two other girls--sorry
    La La and Dee Dee...

Would those other two girls be the famous session singers "Sha La La" and "Di Di Smith"?

wonderful--lets start a company for them - moo-town with a pic of a cow! Logo- milking the stars!
    is that spelled with one[moo]or two??

I saw two fake Marvelettes groups.

The first was a shock to me because it was at the same time their Motown Anthology was released. I assumed that I was finally going to see Wanda Rogers. [[At the time I knew little of Gladys Horton). They had that album cover in a display case at the Lounge/Bowling Alley were they were performing on the outskirts of Boston. I was almost numb during the show. I approached one of the singers after the show who informed me that they were connected to Motown.

After that show a friend of mine dubbed them "The Impostorettes"!

The next time I saw them was in the early 80s. I was dragged to the show, kicking and screaming all the way, by another friend who was a big Marvelettes and Motown fan. He thought it would be a hoot. I knew it was going to be an impostor group, without a doubt. To make matters worse they came onto the stage singing a Martha & The Vandellas song. I think it was Heatwave. In addition, one of the singers was pregnant. All looked like they were in their twenties. Adding to the mood of the evening they were appearing at a Chinese restaurant and at the time I didn't like Chinese food at all.

I am embarrassed to admit that I THINK I saw Gladys Horton and The Marvelettes in an all female girl-group review in the late 80s. I remember seeing The Dixie Cups [[very impressive) and Freda Payne [[awesome) in that review. I am vague as to the other groups. Shame on me! Hopefully I have a program in my memorabilia.

Well come one -mOO of course--cant accuse me of fraud or deception. "Moo-Town records-milkin the hits, milkin the stars-milkin your money!"

Well come one -mOO of course--cant accuse me of fraud or deception. "Moo-Town records-milkin the hits, milkin the stars-milkin your money!"
    They do have the right heifers for the job.................!

The Marv Johnsonettes anyone?

On looking at the ad originally posted on this thread, the mispelling could just be a printer error as in the actual text it
    does spell the name correctly.
    Anyway, it is one of the several fake groups, who seem to end up on a bill with Dennis Edwards quite often.

But the pic in the NY News said MarvAlettes too.

Interesting! Maybe the NY News is showing respect to the "real" ladies by misspelling the name

It just amazes me that anyone who goes to one of these concerts would not know these are not the real Marvelettes. However, I am probably in a minority because I would go see Dennis Edwards because he is a helluva singer. So, how does one boycott the fake Marvelettes if they are on the same bill with Dennis Edwards ? or perhaps how does Dennis get on the same bill with them ?

James

I'll come with you. I love Dennis too.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    It just amazes me that anyone who goes to one of these concerts would not know these are not the real Marvelettes. However, I am probably in a minority because I would go see Dennis Edwards because he is a helluva singer. So, how does one boycott the fake Marvelettes if they are on the same bill with Dennis Edwards ? or perhaps how does Dennis get on the same bill with them ?

You go to the show and during the Fake Marvelettes set, you make loud, rude noises and comments. Belch a few times and suck your teeth to show your displeasure. Then turn to your neighbor in the audience and start to educate him/her about who the Marvelettes really were and that those broads onstage are not even old enough to be the real Marvelettes. For more helpful hints, just ask me. LOL!

The fakes are accustomed to rude comments. Sometimes they make it a part of the act and have it backfire on the
    heckler. If they are on a bill with a performer you want to see [[and they frequently are!) just get up and go to the
    lobby or just sit and do not applaud.

I was at an event in Ft. Lauderdale a few years ago with the Crystals, which the fake Marvelettes were there, as
    were Frankie Ford and Peggy March. One of the fakes asked "Do you guys remember the Marvelettes?" and it is
    real quiet and I yelled "Yes, the real ones!" and the people around me laughed.
    The fakes just went on to the next song. So I do feel I got my nudge in.

Great Randy! I know of a guy in California who attended Fakelette concerts on purpose and then demanded his money back as they were not the Marvelettes.

The fakes are accustomed to rude comments. Sometimes they make it a part of the act and have it backfire on the
    heckler. If they are on a bill with a performer you want to see [[and they frequently are!) just get up and go to the
    lobby or just sit and do not applaud.

I was at an event in Ft. Lauderdale a few years ago with the Crystals, which the fake Marvelettes were there, as
    were Frankie Ford and Peggy March. One of the fakes asked "Do you guys remember the Marvelettes?" and it is
    real quiet and I yelled "Yes, the real ones!" and the people around me laughed.
    The fakes just went on to the next song. So I do feel I got my nudge in.
    Randy! I am proud of you! I've done what had to be done myself.......

Randy- you are a real hero!