Splanky,what did you think of Let It All Out and William Powell's lead? Let It All Out is my favorite O'Jays recording on Imperial Records and next to the Philadelphia International stuff, the Imperial Records tracks are my favorite O'Jays music. The singles I pointed out [[Lonely Drifter, Stand Tall, Lipstick Traces, Let It All Out, and Stand In For Love) are very different from each other. That is very impressive for the time, as is the use of three strong lead singers [[who besides the Temptations could boast that in the mid-60s?).

Boogie, I always thought the O'Jays were Philadelphia International's most successful act and then I got out my Billboard chart books and it was confirmed. I was a bit surprised that they outdid Teddy Pendergrass and the Blue Notes combined stats in every singles category as well as most gold albums [[Teddy did have more platinum albums). I believe Love Train is the best track to play when introducing someone to The Sound Of Philadelphia. If any Soulful Detroiters think another Philadelphia track is more representative, please explain below. Would love your input.

Be well. Jim