[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where is....pauley two shoes??

I was over in the archives and was reading some of pauley's stuff[classic]where is our favorite-goomba???

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    I was over in the archives and was reading some of pauley's stuff[classic]where is our favorite-goomba???
    He's sleeping with da fishes, a casualty of the big forum purge of 2005-06. JAI, who do you think Paulie was?
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 02-17-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    He's sleeping with da fishes, a casualty of the big forum purge of 2005... JAI, who do you think Paulie was?
    psssssssss kamasu,i'm whispering this i think i know but there's a big black caddie parked outside my window so i'd better not say...two big goomba's are coming this way,i gotta run!!!

OMG!! Pauly Two Shoes. Now there's name that hasn't been uttered in a long, long time. That's a great forum trivia questions: who was Pauly Two Shoes?

I posted something on the old forum that had to do with "where are they now" type thing. I think I included his name [[Paulie Two Shoes). Never got an answer on him. In going back through the archives, it always brings back lots of memories of the "good old days"! While we're on the topic....here's a few names from the past and where are they now? Here's some for the old timers...do they sound familiar?
    acoolcat
    sue
    common
    Nish
    Vickie
    daviegordon
    fayette
    cleoHarvey
    scratcher
    SisDetroit
    ahhhh....the memories!
    I think some did respond to my thread and I guess some were booted, some passed away and some moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    i posted something on the old forum that had to do with "where are they now" type thing. I think i included his name [[paulie two shoes). Never got an answer on him. In going back through the archives, it always brings back lots of memories of the "good old days"! While we're on the topic....here's a few names from the past and where are they now? Here's some for the old timers...do they sound familiar?
    Acoolcat
    sue
    common
    nish
    vickie
    daviegordon
    fayette
    cleoharvey
    scratcher
    sisdetroit
    ahhhh....the memories!
    I think some did respond to my thread and i guess some were booted, some passed away and some moved on.
    hey blueskies i go to the archives often and wonder about some of our brothers and sisters and also why we don't seem to laugh as much as we did back then.

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    hey blueskies i go to the archives often and wonder about some of our brothers and sisters and also why we don't seem to laugh as much as we did back then.
    Me, too, arr&bee....that same thought crossed my mind. Times changes, people change I guess. It would be interesting to know about some of our old time poster [[2002-2005 and later). There were some fun and interesting threads back then.

Arr&bee,
    Davy Gordon still posts here from time to time. He usually has something interesting to offer to a conversation.

Sometimes, I miss ol' Barely Saine.

Perhaps not THAT much!

What's Mel & Then Some up to?

Hey, Juice,
    What's Barely been up to these days?

Ralph:

He's been engaged in a fight with Little Richard about who really invented Rock & Roll. Says that no one gives Barely credit for anything.

Silly man, he is!

I'll tell you somethng Juice. Ol' Barely may be a little rough around the edges, but he is one wise old dude.

Quote Originally Posted by chidrummer View Post
    OMG!! Pauly Two Shoes. Now there's name that hasn't been uttered in a long, long time. That's a great forum trivia questions: who was Pauly Two Shoes?
    Well, he never did say who he really was did he. He did make some impact here, but he didn't really sound like a happy man to me. I think he treated the forum as a kind of sideshow, almost like a three ring circus. I guess he just didn't want to be lonely.

I wonder who he really was.

Roger

Wasn't Paulie Bobby Eli? Sis Detroit left on her own as well as Medusa, Vonnie, Soul Sister, Dream and a few others. [[I wish all could be forgiven and they come back. Afterall, it's been about 5 years now) Just my opinion.........

Yes, Nosey. Paulie was Bobby Eli. I don't hold grudges. If any of the above would like to return to the forum, I have no problem with that.

Davie has forgotten his password...but he asked me to post something for him this week

I noticed a post from Graham [[acoolcat) a few weeks back and was surprised to see the name after such a long time.

Cleoharvey. Now I always remember he had an alternative moniker - Handsome. That always made me smile.

But sadly, there are a lot of names who won't ever appear on SDF ever again. Unfortunately, far too many.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    What's Mel & Then Some up to?
    I had an Email from Mel this week, and he said he was posting again!

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    yes, nosey. Paulie was bobby eli. I don't hold grudges. If any of the above would like to return to the forum, i have no problem with that.
    That's good to know. I miss some of the old posters like Soul Sister, who had really seen a lot over the years and contributed so much.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa,i had a feeling that eli was paulie,i too miss those good folks!

Ralph:

That old codger says thanks.

I kept a lot of our old threads & man, we had a lot of fun. As silly as it was to some, "Malletcatraz" was one of the funniest things that I've ever seen on the internet. And we had a lot of those types of moments, including the "Errrrgh" threads, which were hilarious.

There are only a few here who can truly speak about the situation, not based upon what we heard, not based on what we were told, but what we know to have been true. We lived it & went through it & all involved know that it was uneccessary, as well as their roles in what happened.

For various reasons, some folks simply made choices based upon what they believed they had to gain from doing so. And truthfully, it didn't take very long to find out what the stakes were, as we saw the various prizes posted all over the forum. For some, it was a case of people whom were once the fiercest of adversaries to be able to hang out at recording sessions, or to rub elbows with stars at exclusive parties. For still others, it was an opportunity to pitch songs or to meet producers. Did anyone fail to recognize how people who were enemies a month earlier suddenly became the best of 'buddies', smiling in pictures with folks whom they spent years arguing with on this forum?

Either way everyone had their reasons & agendas & if throwing away friendships was the price to pay, then so be it.

The sad thing about all of it is that after the big explosion, I've seen several of the participants face-to-face, just as I told them that I would. And though I can guarantee you that few will ever say it on forum, our various discussions have indicated there were regrets about what happened. They know that things got out of hand, as well as how things happened as they did. But when people start talking & involving forumers who look up to you & expect them to take sides not based on the truth, but rather because of who they are, you get the mess that we got.

Funnier still & to show you how folks minds work, is that many of those same folks have requested me to join forums, or to befriend them in other social networks. And all the while, many people here who had no clue as to what was really happening chose to take sides with absolutely no knowledge of the situation, other than what someone told them. Ironically, though I believe they eventually sorted things out, the VERY same person whom they lied for here was eventually turned on the VERY same people, who then backed up much of what we said here back when the s--- hit the fan.

But they've told me that THEY hold no grudges.

It was pretty much a case where hysteria set in, pride & ego got in the way & some folks willingly chose to pick sides & even chose to lie, based upon what they believed was in it for them. Ralph didn't seek to ban anyone who left, they requested that HE ban a few folks for a situation that originally occurred OFF-FORUM. The truth is that the original protagonists knew what was going on & the only request made of them was that they simply leave what happened off-forum, OFF-forum.

That, was deemed to be insuficient.

The attempt to force our moderator to choose sides & wrongly ban individuals while we were working things out BEHIND the scenes is what led to people WILLINGLY walking away. Up to that point Ralph had only banned ONE member, the others chose to walk away because he didn't take their side & as a friend, whether right or wrong, he was EXPECTED to take their side, just as I, as an 'insider' was expected to take sides.

I still have every one of those e-mails & threads & to be perfectly honest, had folks simply allowed the initial situation to have been worked out behind closed doors as was being attempted & not gotten otherwise innocent people involved, none of what occurred would've happened. No one would've been banned, no one would've had to walk away. All that needed to have been done was to keep other people out of their off-forum business & simply decided to live or let live.

But if you remember the way that the old forum worked, that's not how things always worked. The old forum was great, that is, so long as you were on the 'RIGHT' side of the fence & played the game the way that some expected you to play it. Unlike most here, I don't make this statement based upon what I THINK I know, or because of how people appear to be through my monitor, or based upon their particular station on the forum. I speak from experience...up-close & personal experience & have the scars from the knife blades in my back to prove it, which I still get on occasion. Usually, when someone whom had fallen out of favor with the clique [[and it was indeed a clique) & was lined-up in the cross-hairs, if they weren't extremely careful, eventually they'd be goaded into posting something that would get them banned.

The catalyst for the explosion was something that occurred behind closed doors & it should've remained behind those doors. Unfortunately, once there was an attempt to use that situation to settle old scores & to induce an entire forum to choose sides based on celebrity, truth be damned, THAT was when things blew up.

This is more than I really wanted to say about this, these many years later. But it seems as though people either never fully understood what was the cause for what happened, have forgotten why it happened, or simply didn't care because celebrity was involved & it didn't happen to them.

It didn't have to be that way & things shouldn't have happened as they did. And even if 90% of the forum don't know what really happened, Ralph know, I know & most importantly, THEY know.

What happened didn't have to happen, it shouldn't have happened & Ralph got totally screwed while trying to deal fairly with a bunch of 'friends', who unnecessarily placed him into a no-win situation.

It didn't have to be that way.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 02-18-2011 at 06:41 PM.

I say in a simple sentence...'Be careful what you ask for'...aka... ' a Leopard does not change spots'. But they do lick wounds...'their own'.

Juice, you summed it up nicely and to see the main character in that menagerie this summer and not one 'Im sorry' or even a 'Hello' was spoken, knowing they were wrong, speaks volumes to me. Let them stay where they are and keep the B.S. with them. They all found out about each other. LOL! Let that 'Ego Tripping out' crap lie dormant, please!

Malletcatraz was hilariously genius and started because of my control issues...lol...'the swinging and 'KABONGG' of the Mallet...' lol...good times...good times...

Quote Originally Posted by ladyvanaye View Post
    I say in a simple sentence...'Be careful what you ask for'...aka... ' a Leopard does not change spots'. But they do lick wounds...'their own'.

Juice, you summed it up nicely and to see the main character in that menagerie this summer and not one 'Im sorry' or even a 'Hello' was spoken, knowing they were wrong, speaks volumes to me. Let them stay where they are and keep the B.S. with them. They all found out about each other. LOL! Let that 'Ego Tripping out' crap lie dormant, please!

Malletcatraz was hilariously genius and started because of my control issues...lol...'the swinging and 'KABONGG' of the Mallet...' lol...good times...good times...
    I met him too! hehehehehe......!

You know Dyva, for all of the lies & madness, I don't hold any grudges about it. I don't reference it, nor do I think about it. I've seen several of those involved, not on my turf, but on theirs & it was just as I said that it would be.

I said back then that we would all have occassion to be around one another & as you well know, we were. I've seen quite a few folks on several occassions & it's always been the same. Folks act as if they did nothing wrong & in truth, were hoping that folks didn't remember & exact a little payback of their own. I've always been able to go where I want & can look everyone in the eye because WE ALL know what happened, why it happened & who was telling the truth & we didn't have to lie to an entire forum in order to cover our OWN unnecessary b.s..

But naturally, we weren't celebrities, so who really gave a shit, right?

Truthfully, I have more disdain for the folks who chimed in, than I do for those who led them. It's absolute foolishness to co-sign the actions when you don't know what happened. But, that's what many people chose to do. Over the years, I get the sense that many folks here gave less than a damn what was done, or rather what was attempted to have been done to some of us, INCLUDING Ralph, who had championed ALL involved. I get the sense that people give less than a damn about character & are more interested in celebrity.

Perhaps it's the fact that I've been around enough people & have come to know enough people that I'm no longer star-struck enough to make excuses for their wrongs, while slamming others whom have done the same thing or less. And maybe I'm just not of the opinion that the fact that a person has knowledge or is a celebrity gives them the go-ahead to simply have their way & make people whom they dislike disappear from a open & FREE forum.

Not necessarily because those people did anything to them HERE, but simply because they wanted those people gone.

After all of the madness, all of the ego-manaical crap & chest-thumping, too much had been said for some to be able to simply admit that they were wrong & to remain here. It was a power-play that backfired. All that I know is that a lot of decent people got dragged through the mud, had their names tarnished, accounts hi-jacked & people who damn well knew the truth acted in concert to smear people & outright lied in order to rid the forum of people whom they didn't like.

And I realize that because of that celebrity, there are still people here who could give less than a damn what was done to others back then. THAT has ALWAYS been crystal clear. If a few people have to be wrongly dragged through the mud, well, that's a small price to pay for their continued presence.

Just so long as it wasn't done to them.

That has ALWAYS been clear to me.

Personally, I shed no tears for anyone who chose to leave here, because they had a choice & they made it. That's more than they were willing to offer those whom they attempted to have thrown out of here over bogus bullshit, their own hands getting caught in the cookie jar & lying because they believed that they had something to gain. They were willing to do anything, to say anything & were willing to ruin the reputation of anyone & everyone who revealed what they were trying to do to other forumers.

And then a few years later co-signed exactly what we had said because they finally felt as though THEY had been burned. And posted about it all over the place saying what he had done & worse. The difference being that there was no insider acting to protect nor cover up for anyone, so, it all came out in the wash.

Go Figure!

I hold no wake for even one of them because unless they held the secrets to the universe or a cure for cancer, considering what they did to others, well, their knowledge didn't give them carte' blanche for what they did, or enticed others to do.

Such is the price for being on the 'inside'. I guess that they still have their pictures, so perhaps it was worth it to them to be bought so cheaply.

It wasn't to me.

Some folks can try to catch rainbows, still others can believe in dreams & illusions. I stopped doing that awhile ago. When it walks like a duck, it's simply not a camel.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 02-18-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Well put, Juice,
    But it all seems like a hundred years ago now, so big deal. Life's too short to hang on to old animosities.. You are so right, old friend. We had some great threads back in those days.

Dyva,
    I get where you're coming from and I appreciate your concern. Don't worry about this. All is cool. Besides, you get control of the Mallet and all things Kabbbbong.

Ralph

Which is why I'm always surprised when I would've believed that everyone knew exactly what happened years ago. I thought that it was common knowledge?

But I agree with you & R&B, man, we had some great threads & a lot of fun there & didn't always seem to have the type of fights that we see here these days.

I often wish that we could recapture those days, but I realize that will nver be. That was a special time, a special place & just as a reunion between The Beatles would've been, it just wouldn't be quite right.

I guess that we all learned just a little too much. And I feel safe in saying that in both our cases, more than we ever wanted to learn & not without some pain

One thing I've learned over my years here, Juice, is things will ebb and flow. Situations arise and seem to either find a life [[Mallacrataz) or die on the vine. All the while potential hassles seem to loom. These days, I don't think I would exercise the resraint I did back then. The forum has grown much too large for me to nurse along. Just today I permanently banned a couple of members. I simply don't have time for B.S. anymore.

So let us raise a glass to the old days and the good times we all had back then, and keep an eye on our future here and do what we can to make this the good place so many good people here have already done through the years.

I'm with you on that Ralph.

Life is full of change. People come...people go. So while things aren't necessarily the same, you adjust & adapt.

It may be a bit different, but I still love this place. We still have a lot of good & knowledgable people here & I'm still learning about artists & music that I didn't know about.

Which is kinda what music forums are supposed to be about.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 02-19-2011 at 02:43 AM.

Speaking just for myself,when things on the outside start to get to me somewhat I know that I can turn on my computer and get away from it all for awhile right here in this wonderful place,where Ralph lets us talk about anything and everything under the sun[and music too-hehe]I remember when I left some years ago[my own choice and a bad one]I tried some other sites and was miserable until I found my way home,and it was like I had never been gone some may not think of a website as a calming influence but soulful detroit is for me and I'm eternally thankful to Ralph for this SOULFUL PLACE.

And I'm glad to have you here, arr&bee. You always make this place a little better.

OK.............here's what I mss:
    R&B getting locked in his closet with his one man show..........Juice, you may be the ony person who has a copy of that incredible thread!!
    "The Mallet"...............Dyva's Mallet...........Juice, Ralph, Funky & his getaway car, Wicked, Wonder B, and others.....
    Dyva and "Free Ron Isley"
    Barely Saine and Chet Finkley.............gotta wonder if Barely put Chet "underground"
    JB............Juice............enough said
    The "extra" Temp........Juice.......enough said
    I may think of more......................................

Funny moments, Moe. I wish I had copies of some of those threads. Too bad we can't PLAN on something like that happening. I guess it is simply one of those spontanious gifts that would come along from time to time. It would be nice to see that happen again.

Jeez, aren't we getting nostalgic here, I've been here twice, one day I'll go back through the older threads and recognize the name of my first incarnation but it was around the time of the Mallacratraz & Kaboong threads.... Man I thought I had fell in with a bunch of crazies...........but they were ripping off Quik Draw McGraw, that had to be cool and went so much deeper......then I left and found myself and came back for good.......I got more to say on this and like Ol boy Arnuld, I'll be back.......wait a minute the forum blew up, its no longer there........lol....

Moe:

I know what you mean. Some of that was so ridiculous that it couldn't help but be funny & it was a welcome break from some of the more serious matters. It gave us a little balance & it's just too bad that we didn't have a 'Clubhouse' section, where threads like 'Malletcatraz' could've thrived.

Ralph:

That would be very hard to recreate simply because it wasn't planned, it just happened & truthfully, I still don't know how it did. That's what made it so much fun, because everyone came with their own ideas & the direction of that thread changed accordingly. Even when I thought that I had my own ideas about where I wanted to take the thread, Wicked or Dollar Bill would come in with a different angle & that made me go into an entirely different direction. None of us could've known that Diva's thread about 'SDFAnonymous', would somehow give birth to that kind of thread.

Even if we're never able to recreate a moment like that again, once thing is for sure...

WE'LL NEVER FORGET IT

Fortunately, every day I used to save whatever we had done, so I do have the vast majority of the pages of that thread saved [[and fortunately much of the deleted material as well) as mht files & I believe that I have all of Dyvas 'SDFAnonymous' threads, as well. I'm going to check into that, as my SDF files are on one of 9 hard drives.

I've never created one before, but if all is well, I'm going to separate those threads & turn them into pdf files & if I can create one, I'll make sure to send one to anyone who wants it.

Juice,
    I wanted to post Dyva's "SDFAnonymous Threads" but you beat me to it!! I knew you had those threads because we talked about them in the past. Des might have some, but not like your collection!! If only you could repost the "R&B in the closet" thread!!!!!!
    Another, but not as hilarious as those mentioned above is the one where Dyva & I had a million names for Stubass [[i.e. Stewed Waste, etc...)

Juice,
    If you are able to put something together, that would be priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Juice,
    I wanted to post Dyva's "SDFAnonymous Threads" but you beat me to it!! I knew you had those threads because we talked about them in the past. Des might have some, but not like your collection!! If only you could repost the "R&B in the closet" thread!!!!!!
    Another, but not as hilarious as those mentioned above is the one where Dyva & I had a million names for Stubass [[i.e. Stewed Waste, etc...)
    Yes Moe....that too! LOL! I forgot about that...another guilty pleasure was my fights with 1 Wicked -aka- 'Emeril La Grass-Ass' over his cooking skills...when we had a battle of the lyrics...and his POTATOE Versus my TAYTA salad....

See, you dont know how 'effective' you are until ther people remind you of what you have done.LOL!!!

Where the heck is Stu-bubblah, my little chip of Matzoh bread?

Ps - free ron isley!!!!!!!!

Well ..

Some of those threads are still around .. like this one ..

http://soulfuldetroit.com/archives/6...tml?1096822401

And don't I see "Paulie" in there somewhere?

Roger

Ahhhh....I feel like a couple of verses of "Do You Remember The Time" !! I read that entire thread from the archives [[Thx Roger) and was sitting here about to choke on my CrackerJacks. We had a blast, didn't we ? It was like the SDF version of 2nd City or The Groundlings because it was straight improv. Maybe it will happen again....who knows.

I just realized, this thread is mis-named. It was PAULIE 3 SHOES. Bobby Eli mentioned that when Paulie was born it was noticed how well [[ahem) endowed he was and his father said he was going to need a third shoe to put the "endowment" in.

LOL Ralph!! You're right!!!!!!!!
    How did some of us miss that??
    Here's a big mystery.........who stole Dyva's password??

Moe,
    I guess too many years have passed to have remembered Paulie's name. Can't say about the password, but maybe we leave that one alone, huh Moe?

AND CHARISE TOO!....Ill await that answer as the drum rolls!!! HA!
    TRUST ME - It was someone who knew how to spam and knew we had generic passwords...BIG HINT. :/
    Last edited by ladyvanaye; 02-20-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Uh huh........

Its 'whatever' now...as long as the trash has been swept out and disposed of. LOL.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,paulie 3 shoes,that's right[darn hooch]oh we had some times like when i tried to be serious[stop that snickering stu-i know you're outthere-hehe]and posted about adding a verse to a song i got verses alright,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa just what the doctor ordered controlled chaos..i luuuuuve this place!!!

not two but three.lol! maybe he'll get in touch now
    before you know it 2 pairs paulie turns up!

Wonder if Paulie will have anything that "fell off the truck."

R&B......go drink more hooch & have yourself another one sided conversation!!