[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Still Bill

Still Bill

Just got done watching this great documentary about Bill Withers on Netflix. Being a huge fan of Bills I couldn't wait to see this film. It was great to hear Bills story as well as getting to see what he's up to these days. If your a fan of Bills check this movie out!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention C. I love his songs. Is this out or when is it coming out?? To theatres??

it just came out on DVD January 25th. Before that it did have some screenings at various venues but nothing in my area.

It has also been shown a lot recently on cable. On the Showtime channel, I believe. Check your listings.

Reese you beat me to the punch. I saw it on Showtime last week and I was going through the Channel Guide and said to myself Whoa ! This can't be, but it was and I was captured for an hour and a half. Still Bill is a superior production in every way. Last year our own GT posted about this after he saw it in limited release on the North side of Chicago. I was unable to get to the theatre and he simply raved about it as only GT could. If I recall correctly he also posted Bill's website where the upcoming DVD could be ordered. Man I gotta get one of those T shirts.

There are plenty of surprises in this DVD and of course his daughter is fine, fine, fine, and talented too. Bill takes us on a musical journey quite different than most would expect. This is a highly recommended piece of work. Thanks Colton for bringing this back up....my bad....

http://www.stillbillthemovie.com/

STILL BILL is airing on cable. I saw it last week and was impressed. Bill Withers did it his way. Seems he was never impressed with the glamour of show business and when he chose to, he walked away and did something else.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 02-20-2011 at 03:53 PM.