[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fantasia Boycotted Grammys Over Aretha Tribut

Fantasia Boycotted Grammys Over Aretha Tribute
    Fantasia earned her first Grammy on Sunday night for Best Female Vocal Performance for "Bittersweet," but decided to stay home because she wasn't invited to participate in the Aretha Franklin tribute.

Call it what you want, but 'Tasia isn't too thrilled with being left out. "I'm going to be very honest with you. You know I wasn't at the Grammys last night," she told "106 & Park" hosts Terrence J and Rocsi on Monday evening. "I'm kind of going through my own thing... Last night they were honoring someone who is my idol, Aretha Franklin, and there is no way I could have sat there and not got the happy feet and wanting to jump on the mic because she is my favorite so I felt like, you know, at the end of the day I should have been on that stage so, I kind of did my own little thing last night."

Because her feelings were hurt, Fantasia missed out on the moment she'd been waiting for. She's been nominated 11 times and Sunday night was her glorious moment.

You be the judge. Would she have made the perfection addition? To get the full effect, check out Jennifer Hudson, Christina Aguilera, Yolanda Adams, Martina McBride and Florence from Florence and the Machine honoring Aretha Franklin.

Read more: http://www.essence.com/entertainment...#ixzz1E8FKgORL
    Attached Images Attached Images