[REMOVE ADS]

A funny soul train musical moment

I was checking Youtube when I came across this clip. I had never thought much of it before, but tonight, I found it to be hilarious as hell.

The clip in question is The Spinners performing 'Games People Play' on Soul Train & watchin the vision of poor Henry having to lip-synch Barbara's parts while looking cool & totally into it was funny as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePKS9...eature=related

I wonder how Henry felt about that. If ever I get to see him again, I'm going to ask him!

Ironically, Henry has recreated that part live, albeit a bit deeper in tone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfak3...eature=related

Anyone else have any similar moments, or is it only my brain that's wired this way?

Likely so!

Juice, we use to laugh at that back then also! LOL!!! I saw the Spinners in concert in late 1975 when the song was a new hit. At that time, the Spinners had three female backup vocalists touring with them and one of them would handle the female part of the song in concert.

I've always liked Henry's baritone. Here's a clip with him leading off, one I'd never seen before. And he and Bobbie were the best dancers back in the day [[1976)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghacb...eature=related

Marv

I never really thought about it before, but when I watched the clip yesterday, it just seemed to stick out like a sore thumb. I have to believe that he wasn't too crazy about it.

Wally

Henry still sounds pretty doggone good today & he still does some nice moving on that stage!

pshark Guest
    Funny, I saw that a few months ago on ON DEMAND. It didn't look right to me so I googled the song and sure nuff found out it was a female.
    At any time, did she ever sing her part live with the Spinners?

Pshark:

That's a very good question. Pehaps Marc Taylor or Heikki may know the answer to that!