Apparently Marvin can.

There's the Laurent Goodman bio.
The F. Gary Gray bio.
The Cameron Crowe one in development for four years [[with Terence Howard in talks).

Now this one:

A Marvin Gaye Film Project Finally Gets Greenlight and Funding! [[oh really?)

By Tambay, on February 13th, 2011

Like Bob Marley, Marvin Gaye is another famous legendary black musician whose story has interested many moviemakers, though none of the many projects announced in recent years has seen the light of day.

We know that F. Gary Gray has long been trying to get his Marvin Gaye project off the ground; and we also know that Jesse L Martin is attached to star as the soulful singer in a film directed by newcomer, Lauren Goodman; lastly director Cameron Crowe was working on a Marvin Gaye project for almost 4 years, with most recent news stating thatTerrence Howard was in talks to play the man.

Today brings news that a 4th Marvin Gaye project is in the works… British directorJulien Temple is also developing a biopic, tentatively titled Midnight Love [[named after the album Marvin Gaye recorded in Brussels in the early 80s). The rights-holders to Marvin Gaye’s music, have reportedly given the project a greenlight.

The story will focus on the making of the Midnight Love album. At the time, Gaye was living in Belgium – a drug addict, essentially considered something of a has-been. It was in that climate and state of mind that he recorded the album that included tracks likeSexual Healing.

The project is budgeted at $8 million, financed through the Belgian tax shelter and Luxembourg’s CIAV; principal photography is scheduled to begin in Belgium later this year.

So, it looks like of the 4 Marvin Gaye films in development, this one by Julien Temple is the most likely to be completed first. I’m sure it’ll make its way to the USA after its complete. No word on who is being considered for the title role, although, I think most agree that Jesse L Martin is a shoe-in for the part!

----
LINK: http://www.screendaily.com/news/euro...023640.article

Eh I don't believe it for some reason lol