[REMOVE ADS]

Just for fun...admit this...:)

If you could make over a song...get on a stage and perform...what song would that be? I know some of you are already singers and musicians recorded and unrecorded...but what is YOUR SONG you know you could knock the heck out of in performance should you get that opportunity?

I always envision my self doing something in a 'Black Rock' sort of way...like Bettye Davis...Id like to take a stab at "LIVE IT UP' by the Isleys...not to mention a few other songs...
    Last edited by ladyvanaye; 02-12-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Ladyvanaye

My mum tells me I sing like a cat being strangled, so I ought to pass on this one. But I like the suggestion.

If I could sing, I'd love to try Stevie Wonder's "Sho Be Do Be Do Dah day" or The Temps "I See You Clear Thru My Tears".

Ladyvanaye, it's Gladys Knight & The Pips, "Didn't You Know You had to Cry Sometime." Girl, I would work that ending,
    Oh didn't you know, Oh didn't you know....LOL!!

For fear of being stoned.....I'll have to pass on this one. My Rottie has better 'pitch' than I do. Though, in this day of singers, that doesn't seem to be a requirement in singing! OK....my song would be "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted".

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Ladyvanaye

My mum tells me I sing like a cat being strangled, so I ought to pass on this one. But I like the suggestion.

If I could sing, I'd love to try Stevie Wonder's "Sho Be Do Be Do Dah day" or The Temps "I See You Clear Thru My Tears".
    Oh my damn! LOL! I agree with the Stevie cut...that is a bad uptempo jam.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    For fear of being stoned.....I'll have to pass on this one. My Rottie has better 'pitch' than I do. Though, in this day of singers, that doesn't seem to be a requirement in singing! OK....my song would be "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted".
    Ok, dont sing in a Roman arena...and there will be no stones...lol!!! Good choice of a song..I sing that one often as well...

if i could play a sax...walk in the night jr walker
    if i could sing like smokey tracks of my tears or i dont blame you at all
    but i cant do either!

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    Ladyvanaye, it's Gladys Knight & The Pips, "Didn't You Know You had to Cry Sometime." Girl, I would work that ending,
    Oh didn't you know, Oh didn't you know....LOL!!
    Gladys is my #1 living girl singer! Id love to give a whirl at more than a few of her songs...But her version of 'You Need Love Like I do Dont You'...with that Motown sound? Woooo!

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    if i could play a sax...walk in the night jr walker
    if i could sing like smokey tracks of my tears or i dont blame you at all
    but i cant do either!
    "What the mind can conceive is possible" Tamla!

i know its ace!......... my shrink thinks so too!

my other one [[and the best idea i've had so far)
    if i could sing like 2 people just say just say marvin and diana!
    Last edited by tamla617; 02-12-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Because of my ozark accent, MOR crossover country suits my voice best... so England Dan And John Ford Coley's "I'd Really Love To See You Tonight" is the perfect song for me.

If i were to do a number it would be smokey's-i can't find..and yes i would bring down the house[no brag just fact]!!

I would do "Are You Lonely For Me Baby" by Freddie Scott