[REMOVE ADS]

Any Eva Cassidy fans out there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRNle...eature=related

Really like her "Fields of Gold", too.
    Last edited by blueskies; 02-09-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Me! Someone clued me in to her just a few months ago and I've spent quite a while on Youtube listening to her beautiful voice. The songs I want to track down on Itunes or Amazon are Fields Of Gold, Forever, Nightbird, Autumn Leaves, Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain, I Know You By Heart, Who Knows Where The Time Goes and Time Is A Healer. A real shame she had to die so young. Imagine how much more sweet music she could have left for us to enjoy.

I found her colab with GoGo Meister Chuck Brown at yard sale for 25 cents 8 years ago.... and Songbird has been most of my rotations for years.

I think she's wonderful - capable of taking the most hackneyed songs and making them MEAN something again. I never thought hearing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" could
    move to tears but Eva's version did. She has the most beautiful voice, exquisite taste and never falls into the trap of over-singing - she's no "diva" thank God.

I'm using the present tense because I play her CD's a lot - "Songbird" and "Imagine" are permanently next to my CD drive - so she's still here in spirit.

I'll always be grateful to Terry Wogan for bringing her work to wider notice.