Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
What kind of environment do you live in? Perhaps we actually live in the same type of environment.
Many times I have been reamed by forum members because I live out here in Arizona, with its relatively low Black population, and not having been exposed to a lot of "Black" culture. I recall someone jumping on my case just because I had never heard of the Black national anthem. I don't live in an urban center. I'm not east of the Mississippi. I'm not on the west coast, either.

I am not part of any of the cliques around here. I'm not a super fan of any of the Supremes, I am too young to have been part of the old Motown or Detroit cronies. I'm an audiophile which apparently rankles a few of you. I don't keep my head in all things Motown all day, as i'm frankly kind of burned out on it, having grown up with it.

I do come here for the other music discussion, and as a safe place on the internet to talk some politics or social issues. And, there are some cool people here.

I just don't understand why so many people here do not control their anger and hostility. It's what makes me think a lot of you grew up that way. Where I live, and work, you don't just go off on people when you have a disagreement.