[REMOVE ADS]

New Dionne Warwick CD coming in March-What do we know?

I have just read tonight on a couple of websites that Dionne has a mid-March CD release entitled "Only Trust Your Heart." What do we know about this? The websites gave almost no information.

DIONNE WARWICK CELEBRATES HER 50TH ANNIVERSARY IN ENTERTAINMENT
    WITH A NEW ALBUM – ONLY TRUST YOUR HEART- March 15th, 2011
    FEATURING SONGS FROM THE GREAT AMERICAN SONGBOOK

On March 15th, Music Legend, Dionne Warwick celebrates 50 years in the music business since being discovered by Burt Bacharach & Hal David. She will celebrate with the release of her first album of contemporary jazz standards, from the great "American Songbook" titled "Only Trust Your Heart" released by MPCA Records [[Sony/Red). The songs are gems from the treasured catalogue of two songwriters closely associated with Frank Sinatra – Sammy Cahn and Jack Wolf.

Track Listing:

Only Trust Your Heart
    You I Love
    I'm A Fool To Want You
    Wonder Why
    If You Can Dream
    The Second Time Around
    Come Out, Come Out Wherever You Are
    I'll Never Stop Loving You
    Some Other Time
    I Fall In Love Too Easily
    Keep Me In Mind
    And Then You Kissed Me
    Pocketful Of Miracles

topdiva1 Guest
    I have never heard any of these songs - but I look forward to hearing them - because - IT IS WARWICK - A LIVING LEGEND.

Amen top. It's amazing she hasnt done a cd like this before.

smark21 Guest
    Some interesting song choices there. I'm a Fool to Want You is a Sinatra classic. He first recorded it in the early 50's at the height [[or perhaps Nadir) of his stormy relationship with Ava Gardner. I Fall in Love Too Easily was made a standard by the sublime Chet Baker.

Thanks Reece. As always, any question anybody can ask on here will be answered.

I am excited about this CD, but one wish I have is that it will really be a Dionne Warwick CD. What I mean by that is that I want an album just by HER. I am not trying to be critical, because I love her to death and she is probably my favorite all-time singer, but you have to admit she has done enough duets on her last several CDs to last anyone a lifetime. So this time I want a Dionne album. Since there is no mention of duets in Reece's post, maybe that is what we will get.

Is Dionne's voice up to it? I was just wondering cause I saw her in concert about a year ago and he voice had sunk to a huskiness [[smoking). She could not come close to those notes that she use to get without effort.