[REMOVE ADS]

Way black when on tvone

It's not been brought up, but has anybody been watching WAY BLACK WHEN on TVOne this week with Sinbad? Way Black When is airing all month long and focusing on a different decade in Black culture. This week was the 70s and musical guests like Freda Payne, Deniece Williams, Larry Graham and the Hues Corporation have been featured.
    The shows have also featured comedians and actors like Antonio Fargas, Jim Brown and Jayne Kennedy Overton.
    Upcoming weeks shows will feature different hosts, different guests and will look at the 1980s and 1990s.

Yeah i checked it out last night and was very glad to see[denice nicolas]and she was still looking good too,nice show and sinbad is the perfect host!

They were featuring some of the Flip Wilson shows a couple of days ago. My God, that man was funny. There's another show I wish would be released, in its entirety, on DVD.

Chidrummer, Flip Wilson was crazy funny and a comical genius.
    I have been watching the shows and it has been a blast!
    Sinbad is such a great host and a good interviewer....somebody give this man a show!
    I watched Fred Payne sing "Band of Gold" and girlfriend dropped it like it's hot.....LOL!

So did Evelyn Champagne King.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    So did Evelyn Champagne King.
    and damn near broke the stage!!!!

Miss FREDA PAYNE,Look great,and singing her,you know what,off.[[smile)I really like her new look.
    Please stay positive

I don't have a tv so I can't watch the show but I know Sinbad like Tom Joyner have long supported working acts from the
    70's even if Sinbad can be a little too much for me at times. I'll have to check youtube and see what comes up. I agree
    with chidrummer, I want The Flip Wilson Show on DVD myself. I hope somebody makes that happen while I'm still on this plane...

TVOne had a Flip Wilson marathon on Saturday. Several hours of Flip, Rev. Leroy and Geraldine Jones, including her meeting with her idol, RAY CHARLES.