[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Chante Moore

Chante Moore

Really like her stuff, then again I posted a Tamia thread earlier and it dropped like a lead balloon. Too often on SDF if it ain't Betty LaVette, Aretha, Chaka, or someone else in the older legends category, they're discounted ... especially female singers.

Anyway, just listened to Chante's "Inside My Love" and "Love's Taken Over" and they are truly outstanding. Very underrated in my book.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tsull1 View Post
    Really like her stuff, then again I posted a Tamia thread earlier and it dropped like a lead balloon. Too often on SDF if it ain't Betty LaVette, Aretha, Chaka, or someone else in the older legends category, they're discounted ... especially female singers.

Anyway, just listened to Chante's "Inside My Love" and "Love's Taken Over" and they are truly outstanding. Very underrated in my book.
    I enjoyed her last big hit "Chante's Got a Man"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRnIPtB2SyY

Hey, I like Tamia, no she's not Aretha, Chaka or Bettye LaVette. She's just ok.

Chante Moore is from Memphis. She used to visit here a lot because her father had a church here.
    i'm not sure what the stall is regarding her career. I think she's doing gospel. But one thing is clear, you can't expect everyone to like who you like.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 02-01-2011 at 10:00 PM.

I liked Chante Moore quite a bit when she came out in the early 1990s; particularly "Love's Taken Over," the follow-up "It's Alright," and her duet with Keith Washington, "Candlelight and You."

Chante and Tamia are two of my favorite female singers. Love Chante's first CD with "Loves taken over". I played that CD to death. I also love Tamia's "Officially missing you". They both have sweet, soulful voices and can sang.

I'm a big fan of CHANTE MOORE'S,I have every cd she's ever recorded,She is one of the best female singers out there,in today music,i just love her voice.I feel the same about TAMIA,She's another singing sister.
    Please stay positive

she always remind me of karen white. whatever happen to her? bitter was my jam!

I've always appreciated Chante Moore...she has consistantly made quality music and I love the purity and range of her voice. That first cd is still the business and she did a great job on several tracks of El DeBarge's "In The Storm" cd