[REMOVE ADS]

wonder_woman Guest

Addicted to these two songs

Does this happen to anyone else you just can't get certain tunes out of your head here they are:

J.O.B. Orquestra - Open the Doors to Your Heart
    The Soul Brothers Inc. - Pyramid

Yeah it happens,sometimes for a whole month a song will just go round an round and then it will be gone like the tune i'm trying to think of as i type this[darn hooch]i'll be back in a minute!!

Don't they have medication to take care of that? LOL

Well .. I can't say I'd really noticed these tunes before .. is "Open The Door" a version of the old DARRELL BANKS song?

However a quick trip to you-tube as found the SOUL BROTHERS INC tune "Pyramid", which seems pleasant enough ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k17ipRiLzr8

Basically Wonderwoman this obsessing over one or two tracks is all part of being a Soul Music Fan .. all of a sudden an otherwise innocuous track takes on a whole life of itself, the listener finds hidden depths .. and what was just another pebble on a beach becomes transformed into a guilded gem!!

This often culminates in the unfortunate Soul Music Fan gushing endlessly to others about the wonderful and unique sound they have uncovered then feeling compelled to play the undiscovered gem to unsuspecting friends and relatives.

More often than not the friends and relatives give the following responses ..

"Can't you play something I like!!" [[ with the emphasis most definitely on the fifth word )

or ..

"Its OK I suppose, but don't think I'd want to hear this again too often"

These responses can, of course, be very disheartening. But don't think things improve if you seek out another Soul Music Fan and play your obsession to him/her. The responses you are likely to get include ..

"Oh Yes. This is on one of my Goldmine CDs, never thought much of it though" ..

or ..

"Don't think its as good as the version by <<unknown group>> on <<obscure label>>"

or even ..

"I used to have this, preferred the "B" side though"

Which is not only disheartening but also leaves the unfortunate Soul Music Fan feeling that he doesn't know much about Soul music at all!!

Anyway .. must dash .. I'm off to play my latest obsession again ..

Roger

P.S. I've just checked my CD collection and that "Pyramid" tune is on Goldmine's "Stafford Story" collection ..

Quote Originally Posted by kamasu_jr View Post
    don't they have medication to take care of that? Lol
    yeah but this hooch is stronger than the other one...which reminds me it's time for my dosage...one jug every two days???...darn labels!

Oh and while i have a moment of clarity,the song is-just another dance-the impressions,the thing just keeps popping up cool song though!!