[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Eric Benet

MissLish Guest

Eric Benet

Is it just me, or is his falsetto like mad annoying?

I doubt if it's just you MissLish but I like his voice....falsetto and all.

I never paid attention to it until I heard him use it yesterday on the Wendy Williams show. But I actually like it better than his natural voice.

MissLish Guest
    Are you certain it's his voice you like, my darling? ;o)

LOL

Not sure which one of us you're talking to but yes I'm sure I like his voice and have all his CD'S. The rest of him is easy on the eyes as well.

On a more serious tip though MissLish, I really do like Benet as an artist. In addition to his voice, I think he's an excellent wordsmith. The lyrics to his songs really draw me in.

I can live without him.

MissLish Guest
    LOL! I remember when he first came on the scene, I thought he was one to watch. Then he dropped of the radar..until Halle. I watched him recently on the Monique show and was unimpressed. Yesterday, I was looking forward to his appearance on Wendy, until the screeching persisted. I'll have to check out some of his lyrics though. He def has that struggling artist vibe thing going on.

smark21 Guest
    I think he's on tour right now opening for Fantasia.

I never realy paid too much attention to his music until "You're the Only One" from about two years ago.

Yes, Smark21, he is supposed to be appearing in the Bronx with Fantasia sometime next month.

Marc Taylor

His first cd [[True To Myself) is good but lacked commercial appeal but he seem to really come into his own with A Day In The Life

Hurricane is another that showcases his talent [[imo) and I can listen to those last two from beginning to end...but I'm a fan so I'm biased. LOL

I like some of his stuff. The only two that come to mind right now is "Feminity" and the promo only remix of "Spend My Life With You" with Terry Dexter.
    He aint no Maxwell though.

MissLish Guest
    Thanks for the heads-up ms_m; i'll check them out.

You're welcome MissLish

He aint no Maxwell though
    That's a ringing endorsement to me daddyacey since I'm not a Maxwell fan.....LOL

Different strokes, for different folks

I still love you though Ms.M

Back atcha daddyaccey
    MUAH

But don't tell Jai. He's the jealous type and might cut off my supply of hooc...medicine

BTW daddyacey, all this Benet talk made me want to listen and I realized the only song I have with him and Terry Dexter is Everlove from his Love and Life CD

Only version I have of Spend My Life is Benet and Tamia....

????

ok daddyacey and MissLish, can I change your mind with this one?

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    BTW daddyacey, all this Benet talk made me want to listen and I realized the only song I have with him and Terry Dexter is Everlove from his Love and Life CD

Only version I have of Spend My Life is Benet and Tamia....

????
    What I have is a promo WB CD single of SMLWY. There was a period of time when here in N.Y.C. ,KISS and WLIB were playing this remix in rotation , later than the original version was played , this CD single is dated 1999. The album that it is originally from , ADITL ,was released earlier that year. I kept hearing on the radio and IMO ,it is superior to the original. I went in search for it in the regular stores but couldn't find it anywhere. Then one day Eric was on Lenny Greene's show here in N.Y. on KISS ,and I found out that the remix was a promotional issue. I couldn't understand why they would do a remix with another female ,and not market it commercially ,yet supply it to the radio outlets for air play. I guess thats a deal that fell through . I finally found a copy on line for $5 or so and sure enough it's a Warner Bros Promo only CD.
    The FEMINITY track I have is on a 12" with side b as the Instr ,thats a promo issue also.
    The remix of SMLWY, you must hear ,I'm sure you will.

Wow, interesting Daddyacey. Dexter's voice is richer than Tamia's [[although Tamia sounds good) so it would be interesting to find out why they went with Tamia instead. Thanks for all the info, I'll see if I can get my hands on those copies.

olamaebarto Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MissLish View Post
    Is it just me, or is his falsetto like mad annoying?
    Miss Halle Berry must have felt the same way. She dropped his ass like a hot tater!

MissLish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    ok daddyacey and MissLish, can I change your mind with this one?

Sadly, MissLish remains unconvinced. I guess it should be expected as MissLish was brought up with the falsettos of William Hart, Eddie Kendricks, The Moments, and Smoke. These new guys, Maxwell included just are not in that league.

MissLish this is his natural voice, more along the lines of tenor/high tenor but not a falsetto. Oh well, I tried.

MissLish Guest
    Thank you my darling; MissLish was soooooooooo hopeful as Eric is not at all hard on the eyes; his singing just doesn't do it for me.

Eric is not at all hard on the eyes
    we can DEFINITELY agree on that MissLish.

topdiva1 Guest
    He has an interesting voice and a small but strong following. Being married to Halle Berry for a time did not hurt his visibility either. He just needs to find his spot.