[REMOVE ADS]

Uncf tribute to chaka khan on now

The tribute is on now. I missed the first 40 minutes but just caught Ginuine and Angie Stone. Ledisi is next

Awesome program - So proud of Chaka & all her accomplishments. She's finally getting the recognition she deserves!! God bless her!

I'll catch it later this evening. [[cst)

They are airing it tonight, right now here in New York. So far so good with a couple of hit and missess. What's up with Estelle? They gave her one of Chaka's most popular songs , "Ain't Nobody" and she handled it like a dead fish!

I just finished watching. It was a nice program over all, but it is really saying something when the honoree sounded better, stronger than almost all of the performers that participated. Bettye LaVette was the clear standout bringing tears to Chaka's eyes. What a singer! Whew!

Angie Stone, Faith Evans, El DeBarge and Ledisi get honorable mentions in my opinion.

They just don't make 'em like Chaka Khan anymore!

miss_lish Guest
    What network is this on?

I have to agree that Bettye Levette stole the show and Estelle was like a really bad American Idol audition. A sign that many of today's "so-called artists" are no good without their fancy productions and studio tricks

O yeah and Chaka did her THANG on her own tribute...a great closing number

I see the show was on PBS. Unfortunately for us in the UK, we can't get PBS and therefore missed the show. Anyone know if it is likely to be issued as a DVD that one can buy?

cheers Mike

topdiva1 Guest
    They do not come better than Chaka Khan - a masterclass singer! Finally she gets her due.