I know I am weird, but I play my couple thousand CDs in rotation as I drive around during the workday and wherever else I might go. So today I had the pleasure of enjoying the Velvelettes' Anthology album, that great 2 CD package.

I continued to be amazed at how prolific Motown was in general and how they found the time to produce soooo many songs by sooooo many different artists. They must have found a way to put 36 hours in every day in that studio!

In the case of the Velvelettes, this collection is superb and just makes you wonder how Motown could have thought enough of them to record almost 50 songs, but yet never release an album. I have always enjoyed their singles [[Needle, Really Sayin Something, Bird in the Hand, Lonely Girl, etc.) but this collection contains a non-single that I just cannot get enough of and I probably played it eight times today.

It is called Something's Happening and it is a beautifully crafted slice of soul heaven! When they hit that perfectly harmonious note on the word "instantly", it is just awesome. Give it a listen if you haven't for a while!