[REMOVE ADS]

Clint Eastwood to Direct Beyonce in A Star is Born

Clint Eastwood to Direct Beyonce in A Star is Born

Pop star and Hollywood legend to tell classic story one more time

The pending remake of A Star is Born just got even more interesting. The project has been kicking around, with Beyonce tipped to play the female lead, for quite some time. At one point Nick Cassavetes was said to be a potential director. Now comes news from Deadline that the duty will go to Clint Eastwood.

Eastwood is reportedly set to produce and direct the picture, based on a script by Remember Me scribe Will Fetters. Should it come to fruition, it will be the fourth time the story of fame and all its miseries will be told on the big screen.

The 1937 original starred Janet Gaynor and Fredric March, Gaynor as an aspiring ingenue and March as a depressed, alcoholic Hollywood star. In 1954 Judy Garland starred in the classic musical version of the tale, with songs composed by Harold Arlen and Ira Gershwin.

In 1976 Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson starred in a rock musical version of A Star Is Born that did boffo business despite confounding critics.

No word just yet on when the movie might hit screens.

[[Photo by PR Photos)

MissLish Guest
    Interesting. Beyonce hasn't really found true success in the movie industry; somehow, I don't think this is the vehicle that will do it for her.

olamaebarto Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MissLish View Post
    Interesting. Beyonce hasn't really found true success in the movie industry; somehow, I don't think this is the vehicle that will do it for her.
    Agreed. But with Eastwood as a director it could be interesting to see. But why on earth must they re-re-re-re-re-make this film? The Judy Garland one was the best. Babs version was good too. I haven't seen the orginal, so I can say anything about that.

I heard this too, but didn't believe it. It didn't make sense to me. It would be the fourth telling of this story and a musical like this is so untypical of Clint Eastwood. But who knows?

Clint vg director though he is not know for this kind of movie-except for his last film he is pretty straight forward in his style but he could succeed. Beyonce has potential to be a great actress. If they do a serious movie and not like Glitter or Burlesque this could be great!

smark21 Guest
    Technically this would be the 5th version of the story. There's a 1932 version called What Price Hollywood which starred Constance Bennett as the ingenue.

But there have been three films so far titled A Star Is Born. If Clint Eastwood and Beyonce make another ASIB, literally it will be the fourth.

Why? I literally and physically cringe when I see this woman's name show up for roles in a movie. Is this all there is now? All of these talented actresses who will never get a shot at rolls like this. Im done. Clint Eastwood has fell for the hype now. Its over.

topdiva1 Guest
    Who will co star with her?

Forbes Magazine named Beyonce as the #1 up and coming music mogul recently. I think I posted this on another thread somewhere.

topdiva1 Guest
    This film does not need to be redone yet again - I saw then all - and the story has been told - UNLESS - there is going to be a hip hop twist - or - that Miss Beyonce will be cast as the falling star - instead of the rising star - and her male counterpart becomes - A STAR IS BORN - now that is a fresher way to go.

Do you think I am right??

Quote Originally Posted by ladyvanaye View Post
    Why? I literally and physically cringe when I see this woman's name show up for roles in a movie. Is this all there is now? All of these talented actresses who will never get a shot at rolls like this. Im done. Clint Eastwood has fell for the hype now. Its over.
    This js just plain, old hating on Beyonce. The kind of hate she has gotten for years. The media even did a story on the people sipping on Beyonce-haterade. :- )

In a media age, the biggest stars face all of this negativity and worse, far worse. Beyonce is at the top of the game; she is in the spot Diana Ross was in and then Whitney Houston; it's hard to imagine any worse woe befalling her than Whitney Houston.

Beyonce is totally trained by now to ignore all the negativity; she is also making a fortune daily which makes up for the price she has to pay.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ladyvanaye View Post
    Ladyvanaye, Beyonce said that she wants to follow in the footsteps of Barbara Streisand [[Grammy, Tony, Emmy, Oscar). You have been warned .... there will be more movie roles and broadway.... !

RossHolloway Guest
    Seriously, has Hollywood just run out of movie ideas? How many remakes can they make? Enough already.

I love Beyonce'. She is dedicated, hard working, sweet natured, down to earth, fabulous and fine. It's hard to get any movie made these days; costs a fortune, and people who make movies need artists who are responsible, who will show up on time, hit the spot, and do the promotion. I would rather see an artist with a good reputation doing her thing professionally, than so many of the young stars who are too skinny, are unreliable and constantly in and out of rehab. I say go B! Get it while you can. I'll go see it, and I bet I won't be alone. As for Clint Eastwood directing, well, I'd call that great. He has made some wonderful films.

Like most Supremes, Susaye stays grounded, very positive and very happy; it is so nice to see. Thank you Susaye.

I ain't never had a problem with beyonce[wit her fine self-hehe]but seriously i hope she gets an oscar someday and if eastwood is directing ain't gonna be no jivin that's for sure...but there are better acresses who aren't getting roles[angela bassett anyone]but that's show business!

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastsupreme View Post
    I love Beyonce'. She is dedicated, hard working, sweet natured, down to earth, fabulous and fine. It's hard to get any movie made these days; costs a fortune, and people who make movies need artists who are responsible, who will show up on time, hit the spot, and do the promotion. I would rather see an artist with a good reputation doing her thing professionally, than so many of the young stars who are too skinny, are unreliable and constantly in and out of rehab. I say go B! Get it while you can. I'll go see it, and I bet I won't be alone. As for Clint Eastwood directing, well, I'd call that great. He has made some wonderful films.
    Wonderful to hear from you in any form. I love your work on that Partners album - especially IN THE NIGHT - one of the sexiest songs EVER WRITTEN, right up there with Curtis Mayfields GIMME YOUR LOVE.

You are missed.

I agree with Arrr&Bee; Beyonce gave us a pretty plain Jane performance in Dreamgirls; 15 other women could have done a better job; it verged on a very weak performance and didn't help the movie much other than with the Beyonce persona.

If there is going to be another movie, Beyonce has some proving to do with respect to her acting and her next movie will show how she will be regarded ~ as a fairly serious decent singer/actress or as a singer who should stay with what she does best.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I agree with Arrr&Bee; Beyonce gave us a pretty plain Jane performance in Dreamgirls; 15 other women could have done a better job; it verged on a very weak performance and didn't help the movie much other than with the Beyonce persona.

If there is going to be another movie, Beyonce has some proving to do with respect to her acting and her next movie will show how she will be regarded ~ as a fairly serious decent singer/actress or as a singer who should stay with what she does best.
    To show us who she was Beyounce should have taken the Effie White role, in Dreamgirls. That is way I think Beyounce say should not take the female lead and play the rising star, but Clint Eastwood should switch it up and let B play the falling star. Let her work and show em she can do it.

I pretty much agree; Beyonce was almost playing herself in Dreamgirls; it was an airball role; nice, nice, nice, but a big nothing. And the whole movie was boring as hell and it shouldn't have been. That movie did her no favors; it was kind of like Mahogany.

Beyonce did a more than credible job in her role in Cadillac Records. She still has a ways to go in her acting skills but she's growing.

Personally I wish she'd give up pop music because I think the standards suite her voice better but that's not where the money is. shrugs
    Like Jai said, that's show business.

They shouldn't even try it again. Let this one rest. Beyonce isn't anywhere near the acting levels of Garland or Streisand, or even Constance Bennett who did a great job in the original What Price Hollywood.

I dunno, maybe I've suffering from Beyonce burn out. Clint Eastwood has a great background in music & movies [[see "Bird" ). But I can't fathom why they'd be rehashing this movie. There are also plans for a remake of "Annie' with Will & Jada's daughter Willow starring. Good Luck to them both, but these things put a fella to sleep...........

Hollywood is lazy ! They continue to keep rehashing on either movies,or television shows and turning them into movies.

ENOUGH ALREADY !!!!!!