[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I'm saying that the term has nothing to do with the discussion. It was used for shock value and I for one have been around too much to be shocked. Let RanRan explain it for himself!
    Ok, Marv

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Ok, Marv
    Thanks Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    No truer words have been written here. This is a spot-on perfect observation. It is especially obvious when they do it over and over and over and over and over and over...
    Thanxal were you singing that last part in your Jean Terrell voice?

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Jeez...somehow I knew this thread eventually might devolve into something unsavory, but, really, was this comment necessary? Could it not have been phrased as "loving her family?"

I'm no champion of Diane by any stretch of the imagination, but why can't we be respectful?
    Big Al my reference to Diana's vagina in this way was related to the fact that who has gone inside her vagina is a topic of conversation. In this case I was referencing who came out. I don't believe the word "vagina" nor reference to childbirth are disrespectful. Talking about this 70 year old woman's sexual history on the other hand, is.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hey Al, I think the vagina reference was made because people were talking about Diana using her vagina [[i.e. sleeping with people) to 'get to the top'... I don't think RanRan intended it to be disrespectful, just a funny comment

Wow I've used the word vagina too much in this post
    Thanks Tom. In another post I not only used "vagina" but also "p***y" and "golden crotch". Weird that it was "vagina" that threw folks off. LOL

I'm saying that the term has nothing to do with the discussion. It was used for shock value and I for one have been around too much to be shocked. Let RanRan explain it for himself!
    RanRan shouldn't have to explain it since any idiot should be able to follow the word association. But here we go for the slow folks:

The topic became Diana's sexual history. More specifically that she used sexual partners to become successful in the music industry. When one speaks of sexual intercourse, the act involves the genitalia of the women and/or men who are the subject of the discussion. In this case the genitals belonged to Diana Ross and- surprise, surprise- Diana Ross has a- you guessed it- VAGINA. So since there was so much talk about who had gone inside her VAGINA, I referenced the five folks who came out of it. So what? Vagina is not a bad word. VAGINA. VAGINA. VAGINA. Childbirth is not a bad thing. VAGINA. VAGINA. VAGINA. Btw, if folks aren't shocked by a discussion about the sexual history of a GRANDMOTHER, they surely aren't going to be shocked by my use of the word VAGINA. VAGINA. PENIS. [[Thought I was going to say VAGINA again, didn't cha?) Now that I've had to stoop to middle school level, I'm going to officially crawl back up the maturity ladder and respectfully ask that the rest of you follow me. Or lead the way. As long as we all get there. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    RanRan shouldn't have to explain it since any idiot should be able to follow the word association. But here we go for the slow folks:

The topic became Diana's sexual history. More specifically that she used sexual partners to become successful in the music industry. When one speaks of sexual intercourse, the act involves the genitalia of the women and/or men who are the subject of the discussion. In this case the genitals belonged to Diana Ross and- surprise, surprise- Diana Ross has a- you guessed it- VAGINA. So since there was so much talk about who had gone inside her VAGINA, I referenced the five folks who came out of it. So what? Vagina is not a bad word. VAGINA. VAGINA. VAGINA. Childbirth is not a bad thing. VAGINA. VAGINA. VAGINA. Btw, if folks aren't shocked by a discussion about the sexual history of a GRANDMOTHER, they surely aren't going to be shocked by my use of the word VAGINA. VAGINA. PENIS. [[Thought I was going to say VAGINA again, didn't cha?) Now that I've had to stoop to middle school level, I'm going to officially crawl back up the maturity ladder and respectfully ask that the rest of you follow me. Or lead the way. As long as we all get there. Thanks.
    There are women on this forum...REAL women and they may take offense. You don't have to use that word. For what? To defend woman who would never defend you? A woman that did not defend herself and sue the author of that and other books? Come on, you cannot be that dumb!
    Last edited by marv2; 06-20-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Well done Ran Ran. Very good points, indeed.

Well done Ran Ran. Very good points, indeed.
    Says another Diana Ross fan!

Says another Diana Ross fan!
    Yes indeed. Your point being what?

I'm also a Barbara Martin, Mary Wilson, Florence Ballard, Cindy Birdsong, Jean Terrell, Lynda Laurence, Sherrie Payne and Susaye Greene fan.
    Last edited by thanxal; 06-20-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Yes indeed. Your point being what?

I'm also a Barbara Martin, Mary Wilson, Florence Ballard, Cindy Birdsong, Jean Terrell, Lynda Laurence, Sherrie Payne and Susaye Greene fan.
    That there is too much going on in the World right now to worry about Diana Ross' feelings, fans and foolishness. The thread was about Florence Ballard. Someone brought up a recent book about the Supremes that mentioned some of what went on at Motown with Diana Ross and then things get slimy in an effort to strike out at others. The person that wrote the book is not even on this forum.

That there is too much going on in the World right now to worry about Diana Ross' feelings, fans and foolishness. The thread was about Florence Ballard. Someone brought up a recent book about the Supremes that mentioned some of what went on at Motown with Diana Ross and then things get slimy in an effort to strike out at others. The person that wrote the book is not even on this forum.
    Well Marv I believe it was you who provided several links to what this author had to say about Diana Ross.
    You should practice what you preach and stop worrying about what a woman did or did not do over 50 years ago!! Let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Well Marv I believe it was you who provided several links to what this author had to say about Diana Ross.
    You should practice what you preach and stop worrying about what a woman did or did not do over 50 years ago!! Let it go.

Evidently you cannot read and comprehend at the same time. The links were to show proof that the story surrounding that particular book reaches far and wide and there is nothing you few Diane Ross fans here at SDF can do about it! [[Go tell the rest of the internet that might have read all of those blogs and more to just let it go LOL!!!)
    Learn to read for comprehension before you attempt to start an argument!
    I know how nasty she was. It's youngsters like yourself are the reason why these books are written.

One more thing. Read post #12 before you attempt to come for me......

Evidently you cannot read and comprehend at the same time. The links were to show proof that the story surrounding that particular book reaches far and wide and there is nothing you few Diane Ross fans here at SDF can do about it! [[Go tell the rest of the internet that might have read all of those blogs and more to just let it go LOL!!!)
    I know how nasty she was. It's youngsters like yourself are the reason why these books are written.
    Oh you know how nasty she was. We'll I hate to burst your bubble. But believe me Mary was no saint!! As well as all the other Motown stars.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 06-21-2017 at 04:07 AM.

Oh and don't make me laugh. All those links weren't necessary. You only provided those links to give you some type of satisfaction.

Get over it, Marv.

I don't share your binary view of the group where I have to hate one member to admire the others. Most fans don't either. Obsess on something else and let this forum be about the music.

Get over it, Marv.

I don't share your binary view of the group where I have to hate one member to admire the others. Most fans don't either. Obsess on something else and let this forum be about the music.
    Get over what? You need to stop whining.

Get over what? You need to stop whining.
    You need to listen to your own advice. Stop hijacking every Supremes post with your unhealthy obsession with Diane.

You need to listen to your own advice. Stop hijacking every Supremes post with your unhealthy obsession with Diane.
    Just stop whining.

Just stop whining.
    Knock it off. I never addressed you until you inserted yourself.
    Last edited by thanxal; 06-21-2017 at 10:48 AM.

There are women on this forum...REAL women and they may take offense. You don't have to use that word. For what? To defend woman who would never defend you? A woman that did not defend herself and sue the author of that and other books? Come on, you cannot be that dumb!
    Just like you told Tom to let me speak for myself, how about you let any woman who was offended by my use of the word VAGINA let her feelings be known. Of course I'm sure you're not really so dumb that you believe any woman would be offended by the word VAGINA. As a man, are you offended by the word PENIS? Be real, you weren't bothered by that word, you were bothered that you were a hit dog that had to holler. You literally took time out of your day to find links to random gossip about a 70+ year old GRANDMOTHER'S sexual history. Even you realize how sick that is, but rather than admit your personal issue you decided to focus on my use of the word VAGINA. Come on Marv, you're better than that.

How do you know how nasty she was? From what you've posted before, you were a mere child during the 60s. Either you're a liar or your childhood was very warped and you were watching things you had no business. You keep trying to defend yourself in this thing but it's indefensible. No one- and you can correct me if I'm wrong, but I know I certainly didn't- called you out for your opinion. A couple of us wrote about how disgusted we were with the rumor that Diana Ross' success is a result of her sexual history. I also detailed why such gossip is nonsense. You chose to follow those opinions up with links to random internet gossip, as if we would see the links and go "well if it's on the internet, it must be true". Perhaps you should seek to find what it is about Diana Ross that bothers you so much that you attack folks the way that you do when they don't think like you think. Why are you so interested in Diana Ross' sexual activity anyway? Maybe we should inquire into your sexual history? Of course I wouldn't dare. There is something sick about someone so interested in the sexual activity of someone else. You're no different than the folks who make stupid comments about Mary Wilson's sexual history. Perhaps next time that subject comes up you'll post internet links about it as well.

Marv was right about one thing though. This started out as a Florence Ballard thread and devolved into nonsense. Luke thanks for posting and I apologize for being one of the ones to derail the conversation. This clip is a prime example of the truth in the attraction of the public to the Supremes being the total group and not just the lead singer. Flo's personality was always a plus.

How do you know how nasty she was?
    As if I would tell you! Go somewhere or close your eyes. LOL! There is no way.

Preach preach p[reach my friend.

As if I would tell you! Go somewhere or close your eyes. LOL! There is no way.
    You know I wouldn't believe what you say anyway. Lol Gladys said it best: believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. Or in this case, read. LOL

Oh you know how nasty she was. We'll I hate to burst your bubble. But believe me Mary was no saint!! As well as all the other Motown stars.
    That is oh so true. Mary Wilson had a very "eventful" love life to say the least, along with many other Motown artists but surely we need to be concentrating on the music?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Preach preach p[reach my friend.
    Thank you Roberta.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    but surely we need to be concentrating on the music?
    I agree and I think it's time we redirected the thread back to it's original subject. The folks on the right side will stay on the right side, and the folks on the wrong side will remain there as well and no amount of posting is going to change any of our positions.

21 and they were concerned about marriage. How things have changed.

21 and they were concerned about marriage. How things have changed.
    Yes indeed.

Yes indeed.
    To be sure... things have changed for the better. I found it quite sexist that women in their early 20s who were so talented were still prescribed by "society" to think of marriage as their first duty. But that was the 60s so it was what it was.

To be sure... things have changed for the better. I found it quite sexist that women in their early 20s who were so talented were still prescribed by "society" to think of marriage as their first duty. But that was the 60s so it was what it was.
    You have a point. I doubt the Temptations were having to answer questions about their desire for marriage at the same time. But it's interesting that all three Supremes seemed to never waiver on their desire to one day wed and have children. I wonder if the right guy had come along for any of them during that 65-66 time if she would have given up music for family like members of some of the other girl groups.

You have a point. I doubt the Temptations were having to answer questions about their desire for marriage at the same time. But it's interesting that all three Supremes seemed to never waiver on their desire to one day wed and have children. I wonder if the right guy had come along for any of them during that 65-66 time if she would have given up music for family like members of some of the other girl groups.
    Yes, possibly. But like most other things on this forum, its only conjecture. I accept that society in the 60s and 70s treated women like this, but I don't like it. Florence could have been a superstar had sexism not relegated her strong and sassy personality to the background and had someone cared about her rape. Mary could have gone on to much more soulful 70s ballads as a solo artist. Diane would not have been subjected to sexism that forced her to near anorexia to maintain an "image". Martha, Betty, Annette, Rosalind and all would have been elevated rather than subjugated to the "one" girl group. And on and on. Its interesting to think what would have been. Its better to make sure such oppression never happens again. Especially since recent political crap.

Wish the full show of this performance would be posted. They also performed either Back In My Arms Again or Come See About Me as well from what I remember.