[REMOVE ADS]

Deniece williams collection

This double cd has a great track list commemorating the hits of Niecy https://www.amazon.com/Black-Butterf...niece+williams

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    This double cd has a great track list commemorating the hits of Niecy https://www.amazon.com/Black-Butterf...niece+williams
    Without doubt the most comprehensive compilation of Niecy's work.It is one of a series of wonderful 2 cd compliations from David Nathan's soulmusic.com. Check out the others including Melba Moore, Kashif, Mtume, Manhattans, Mothers Finest,Angela Bofill, Norman Connors , Teena Marie, George Duke, Ramsey Lewis and Johnny Nash with many more in the pipeline.

wonder_woman Guest
    I think Deniece Williams is very underated so I purchased this and I love it, having seen Ms Williams live in concert in London she was amazing...

Without doubt the most comprehensive compilation of Niecy's work.It is one of a series of wonderful 2 cd compliations from David Nathan's soulmusic.com. Check out the others including Melba Moore, Kashif, Mtume, Manhattans, Mothers Finest,Angela Bofill, Norman Connors , Teena Marie, George Duke, Ramsey Lewis and Johnny Nash with many more in the pipeline.

More on SM.com: Tom Browne, Esther Philips,Levert.
    Also coming on BBR: Delegation, People's Choice, Eric Gale, Enchantment,Latimore, Harvey Mason

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post

More on SM.com: Tom Browne, Esther Philips,Levert.
    Also coming on BBR: Delegation, People's Choice, Eric Gale, Enchantment,Latimore, Harvey Mason
    Yes indeed Jack, and there are many more in various stages of planning. Expect further announcements over the coming months.

Keep em comin!

Keep em comin!
    Iam looking especially forward to the Esther Philips collection. Expansion did a great single cd compilation many years ago but this more comprehensive one sounds unmissable. What a great singer she was.

Bluebrock, these are is quite nice also:
    Home Is Where the Hatred Is: The Kudu Years 1971-1977 CD
    and
    Baby, I'm For Real! On great value Double CD, 'Baby, I'm for Real 1971-1974' combines four classic albums Esther Phillips recorded for Kudu Records: 'From a Whisper to a Scream' [[1971), 'Alone Again, Naturally' [[1972), 'Black-Eyed Blues' [[1973) and 'Performance' [[1974).
    Both on Raven records

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Very good collection would love to have seen her UK top 10 hit That's what friends are for,and some Songbird tracks Season-Just be good to me etc,but i will buy all the same,thanks for link.

Bluebrock, these are is quite nice also:
    Home Is Where the Hatred Is: The Kudu Years 1971-1977 CD
    and
    Baby, I'm For Real! On great value Double CD, 'Baby, I'm for Real 1971-1974' combines four classic albums Esther Phillips recorded for Kudu Records: 'From a Whisper to a Scream' [[1971), 'Alone Again, Naturally' [[1972), 'Black-Eyed Blues' [[1973) and 'Performance' [[1974).
    Both on Raven records
    I have the kudu years cd and have considered buying the others but will see what this new compilation contains first. Thank you for the recommendations Jack. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    Very good collection would love to have seen her UK top 10 hit That's what friends are for,and some Songbird tracks Season-Just be good to me etc,but i will buy all the same,thanks for link.
    I am amazed TWFAF is not included on this compilation. I had no involvement in this compilation and have only briefly glanced at the tracklisting. Seasons should also have been on there i agree. Iwill have to check it out. Thanks honest man.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    Just checked and TWFAF is indeed on the album. I thought they would have to include it. My only criticism is perhaps a couple too many Johnny Mathis duets even though i am a big fan of Mathis.