[REMOVE ADS]

Chaka Khan - Question

I was looking to see if there was one of those Essential collections type of albums on Chaka Khan that contained all her Rufus and solo hits in one package but I don't see one. I know they recorded for separate labels but you would think by now in 2017 that really wouldn't be an issue. I was wondering if anyone knew why Chaka hasn't had a combine collection?

Good question. It couldn't be an issue between what used to be ABC, MCA and Warners, because there's a Best of Rufus with songs from all three periods.

Hmmm ... sorry to say it could be a lack of interest. Or, on a more positive note, perhaps each entity has sufficient hits and interest to have their own collections? It could also be something interpersonal, as I think [[not sure, just think) that Chaka and Tony Maiden don't get along very well.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Hmmm ... sorry to say it could be a lack of interest. Or, on a more positive note, perhaps each entity has sufficient hits and interest to have their own collections? It could also be something interpersonal, as I think [[not sure, just think) that Chaka and Tony Maiden don't get along very well.
    Actually, Chaka has stated that Tony and Bobby Watson are the only Rufus members with whom she does get along. You'll recall Tony's cameo on her reboot medley of "Pack'd My Bags/You Got the Love" from her Funk This set from 10 years ago [[!) .

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Actually, Chaka has stated that Tony and Bobby Watson are the only Rufus members with whom she does get along. You'll recall Tony's cameo on her reboot medley of "Pack'd My Bags/You Got the Love" from her Funk This set from 10 years ago [[!) .
    Ahh - Bass ackwards, I had it!