[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes show photo.

Does any one happen to know which show this was taken at? Appears to be 1966.

Name:  s19.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  35.8 KB

There is sure not a lot to go on in that picture. No clues at all.

Ask Stephen Woods on Facebook....he'll tell what they had for lunch that day too!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Ask Stephen Woods on Facebook....he'll tell what they had for lunch that day too!
    LOL!!!! Stop! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Those are the "White Shine Poodle" gowns or whatever name Stephen Woods makes up for them and claims that's what they were called back in 1965. In some way, Woods reminds me of Donald Trump. Lie after lie to con people into thinking he's an expert in something he actually knows nothing about. Take what he says with a grain of salt.

Could it be in the UK as the amplifiers are Vox?

I like Mr Woods. he seems to be mostly accurate from what ive seen

hahahahaahahaha!!

Brad - do you have any pics of the Sups [[MSS) in the uni-gown from Caesar's? i thought i heard it was red or something like. any pattern or design on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    Could it be in the UK as the amplifiers are Vox?
    Amazing Diane and Mary aren't deaf.

Here is a similar picture that I have that may be from the same show. If it is then it was 1965.Name:  e6451e48026239eb5b0d666f2aa0d86b.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  33.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Here is a similar picture that I have that may be from the same show. If it is then it was 1965.Name:  e6451e48026239eb5b0d666f2aa0d86b.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  33.6 KB
    Oh ok. It's from that concert they did in 1965. LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Brad - do you have any pics of the Sups [[MSS) in the uni-gown from Caesar's? i thought i heard it was red or something like. any pattern or design on it?
    I haven't come across photos of them wearing the Hair parody uni-gown. I have seen it in person in storage. From what I can remember it had silver, red and black sequins.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Oh ok. It's from that concert they did in 1965. LOL!!!!
    You really do enjoy being an imbecile. Can you read? I stated it appeared to be 1966. The gentleman simply said it was from 1965, nothing more. Now comprehend what you just said as ridiculous and childish as it is. I asked a simple question and look what your ignorance has already turned it into. It's disgusting for someone to act like this at your age. Children have more maturity and intelligence. Is it possible to continue the thread without all this nonsense and get a respectable answer? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    You really do enjoy being an imbecile. Can you read? I stated it appeared to be 1966. The gentleman simply said it was from 1965, nothing more. Now comprehend what you just said as ridiculous and childish as it is. I asked a simple question and look what your ignorance has already turned it into. It's disgusting for someone to act like this at your age. Children have more maturity and intelligence. Is it possible to continue the thread without all this nonsense and get a respectable answer? Probably not.
    Drop dead ok?

Just got a copy of the Caesars show from a fan. Fascinating to hear the infamous medley. They had several less-used songs in the medley like Itching and nothing but heartaches. They emphasize some specific lyrics. Like I Can't Break Away from Heartaches and and You Keep Me Hanging On. Wondering if the choreography for the medley had them trying to be funny with these lyrics and the dress.

Needless to say there was stony silence. Zero laughter

Just got a copy of the Caesars show from a fan. Fascinating to hear the infamous medley. They had several less-used songs in the medley like Itching and nothing but heartaches. They emphasize some specific lyrics. Like I Can't Break Away from Heartaches and and You Keep Me Hanging On. Wondering if the choreography for the medley had them trying to be funny with these lyrics and the dress.

Needless to say there was stony silence. Zero laughter
    That was the show where they opened for Alan King. It was noted in the reviews that the audience "didn't get" the Supremes routine. They didn't even get that the Supremes were doing a parody of the ladies that parodied them in the musical "Hair" LOL!

Exactly. Mary and scherrie start the medley singing baby love. But susaye is singing Where. They correct themselves and the background switches to where. The singing is good and it's an interesting medley - nice change from the previous ones. But knowing the dress story it's painful 😖

Exactly. Mary and scherrie start the medley singing baby love. But susaye is singing Where. They correct themselves and the background switches to where. The singing is good and it's an interesting medley - nice change from the previous ones. But knowing the dress story it's painful ��
    Yup, now I am going on pure memory [[which is dangerous LOL). It was after this show [[which was months before the MSG Richard Nader's Oldies Show) that the first real talk of Mary going solo.

honest man Guest
    Drop dead ok?
    OH MY WORD,hOW DOES HE GET AWAY WITH IT,TERRIBLE REGARD.TUT

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    OH MY WORD,hOW DOES HE GET AWAY WITH IT,TERRIBLE REGARD.TUT
    Honestman, I have certain individuals on ignore as suggested but his comments bleeds through when others respond. I have realized that we are only children once but can be immature forever. I can dig more into the actual concert and when it was done but most of my resources have left us or their memory is a little faint.

honest man Guest
    I would love to put on ignore but things like this need pinpointing out especially at times he pleads not guilty and other decent people get binned-leave,i also read his posts as he for some strange reason tries to tarnish Diana Ross at every oppurtunity and we as Motown Fans need to pick up everytime for younger generations to appreciate this decent wonderful lady.so sad but true,thats my explanation,cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    you really do enjoy being an imbecile. Can you read? I stated it appeared to be 1966. The gentleman simply said it was from 1965, nothing more. Now comprehend what you just said as ridiculous and childish as it is. I asked a simple question and look what your ignorance has already turned it into. It's disgusting for someone to act like this at your age. Children have more maturity and intelligence. Is it possible to continue the thread without all this nonsense and get a respectable answer? Probably not.
    slammer lol

Thumbs down

Drop dead ok?
    Point proven.

Again, I only asked where or when the above photo was taken. Any "true" info greatly appreciated. marv2 or Martha, is now on ignore. Hopefully that will eliminate some fodder.
    Last edited by nathanj06; 05-27-2017 at 03:25 PM.

That sort of response is the reason I rarely participate in this forum anymore.

These are the same gowns, right? Hullabaloo [[singing the Children's Christmas Ding-Dong Song).....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCcXWBxhFz4

[[Sorry, but when I copy and paste the url, the image doesn't show up)

From Mark's Diana Ross Website:

Name:  aaaaaaaaa.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  10.2 KB

This television capture seems to be from the actual performance. The one above might be from rehearsal- Please note the bottom of Mary & Flo's gowns.

Name:  aaaaaaahqdefault.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  11.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    From Mark's Diana Ross Website:

Name:  aaaaaaaaa.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  10.2 KB
    As you wrote above, this is definitely a rehearsal. If you look closely, you can see Mary holding a sheet of paper off which she and Flo are reading the lyrics. Strange that they didn't know them, considering the song consists of the same chorus being sung three times. But if you look at the actual performance, there are moments where they miss some of them.

Also, Mary and Flo are wearing a completely different dress than Diana in this photo. I've seen other rehearsal shots where Diana is wearing a coat as well.
    Last edited by reese; 06-02-2017 at 09:18 AM.